#
It is currently Fri Apr 18, 2014 5:07 pm

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 4 posts ]
 Post subject: Nissan Laurel c32 2.8 d Reanimation
PostPosted: Sat Jul 06, 2013 10:25 pm 

Hi all,

Finally had a teem to make a small topic about my Nissan Laurel i bought last year. This is my 3rd Laurel, previosuly i owned c32j, this on is year 1986. I come Latvia, and here any old nissans ir very rare staff to find, same story is about these, only few is left in my country and this one is the last one who can legally drive on the street. There is still some c32j left but by every year those cars are getting less and less. So i wanted to keep this one alive. This is how it looked when i bought it

It had some rust on it, but electronics worked perfectly and that was important for me. Engine runs smoothly, only has problems with starting when its cold outside, but when engine is warm it starts perfectly in seconds and runs quietly. So far there have been massive welding job done so car could be prepared for painting. The problem is that there is no actual manual where to read some info, so everything is done by just doing and hoping its all done properly. At the moment car is not in the best shape cause im trying to get rid of all the small rust parts. If you drive car in Latvia during the winter our "smart" goverment is using tonns of salt to fight with ice and snow, so eventually your brake system is damaged and rust get every where. Anyway during the winter i had massive fun with car, like really nice night rides in the city and country side when there was snowing. Car feels perfect on snowy roads and drift goes very easy.
At the moment i installed original rims from Nissan s12, re-painted them and polished little bit, so for a moment it works great, in future ofc im looking for a proper jdm rims, this is what i got now

In the future car will be re-painted in white colour, lowered, will add some body parts to look sharper and ofcourse will install some nice audio system, cause these cars are build not for racing but for enjoying the ride.

This is how it looks at the moment, ill post some pictures from work later as well. Im hoping to find some more Nissan Laurel owners so we could exchange information, cause this is rare car that has never been popular and most beautiful but there this "fun" driving this car that makes me wanna work on it drive everyday.

See you !

Post subject: Re: Nissan Laurel c32 2.8 d Reanimation
PostPosted: Fri Jul 26, 2013 3:49 am 

Good evening all,

IS there anyone around who have been working with this Nissan ? Its extremely hard to find sometimes any body parts, maybe someone has some contacts where there is some parts for this car.

In my country only place where to get some body parts is official Nissan dealer and the prices is too high at the moment.

Thank you !

PostPosted: Sun Jul 28, 2013 1:04 pm 

Hello,

I have one here in Finland. Not too far from latvia. There are several people that have parts/cars for sale here.

Here_ : http://www.ncf.fi/forum/YaBB.cgi?num=1366711886

And here for starters:

http://www.nettiauto.com/nissan/laurel

PL510 1600/Bluebird -71
Toyota Land Cruiser BJ45 Troop Carrier

PostPosted: Wed Oct 09, 2013 2:43 am 

Car has new color and there has been massive work done on rust as well.

Lot of things is planned in future and slowly we are getting car back to better look inside/outside. :wink:

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 4 posts ]