#
It is currently Sun Nov 23, 2014 2:56 am

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 5 posts ]
 Post subject: GC10 center console switches
PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2012 6:29 pm 

Ive tried searching for a straight forward answer to my question and have so far come up short. I'm trying to figure out what some of the center console switches in my 72 GC10 are for. There are 4 lever type switches on the center console in front of the gearshift. Top left is the RD which I've found to function the Rear Defrost. Pretty simple. Next, top right switch, has the letter L on the lever. Its a 3 poll switch, down, center, and up positions. From underneath, it has 4 pin connector with all red wires. It is connected to nothing! There is not even a loose harness underneath the console in which it mates.. Next, the lower left switch has WA written on it. It's also a three poll switch. Middle position and up position are switchable and has a spring loaded down position. I believe the down depress actuates the Washer Accessory hence WA on the lever and by checking for voltage to the washer reservoir pump which gets 12v when this WA switch is depressed in the down/spring loaded position.. I'm still unsure of the middle and upper switchable functions since there is no noticeable actuation of any kind when these positions are engaged. Fineally the lower right switch, W. I've found this to operate the wiper function after rebuilding the broken internals of this switch. That, and the horrendous grinding noise from the passenger under dash when I operated the switch... Haha
So in a nutshell my question is, what do the 3 positions of the L switch function, and what does the middle and upper position of the WA switch operate?
I will do my best to add a picture of what I'm looking at for refrence.

Thanks in advance!

Last edited by ImPo on Thu May 03, 2012 8:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject: Re: GC10 center console switches
PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2012 7:37 pm 

That doesn't sound right. I think the "L" switch is for foglights.

The WA is for washer, but is just a spring loaded one position switch, and should be on the bottom left. The bottom right is the W switch, which is for the wipers and offers the speeds of slow, slower and off.

I think maybe your car has has a bit of swaperoo over the years.

Here's a pic of mine (ignore the broken wiring...this was before I fixed it!)

The 6-pin switch for W is on the bottom right, and the bottom left switch is just a 2-pin (IIRC)

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2012 7:57 pm 
JNC Enthusiast

welcome, I'm guessing you picked up the gc10 from norcal that was fs not too long ago? Btw if you need pictures of the wires under the console pm me. :tu:

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2012 5:26 am 

Wow! I've never seen an "L" switch before. I have seen an "F" switch, I'll see if I can find someone who can tell me what that is…

kev wrote:
That doesn't sound right. I think the "L" switch is for foglights.

The WA is for washer, but is just a spring loaded one position switch, and should be on the bottom left. The bottom right is the W switch, which is for the wipers and offers the speeds of slow, slower and off.

"…slow, slower and off" :lol: That is the truth!!! :tu:

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2012 5:37 am 

I think the sedan might have differently labelled switches to the coupes...

Here's the 2000GT-R, which has L and W switches, plus the leftmost one is a blank....and is it my imagination, or does the sedan only have one column stalk, not two?

And you can see in this 2000GT, that the leftmost one is F.

So all the advice being provided by coupe owners may be of little relevance here :D But maybe the Sedan has F (Foglight), L (headlights) and W (which, unlike the coupe, is a 4 position switch of slow, slower, off and squirter)

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 5 posts ]