All the props go to Eric & Ryan for finding the car in the first place, and for Josh for being able to capture it on film!
The panning shots in the garage give me goose bumps - and i own the car... lol...
Great great work!
Had to work all day Saturday on a client project, so my time with the red car was limited this weekend.
I did have a chance to fix little details here and there, including:
_ My aftermarket (fuel press, oil press, oil & water temp) gauges had never been wired to be illuminated at night - noticed that outside of Vegas on the drive back from SLC... Fixed that.
_ Some of the accessory power lead wires at the battery positive were loose / had corroded eye-rings... Fixed that.
_ The older aftermarket coil has a loose spark plug terminal and was giving me some misfire issues in the past couple days... Ordered a new one, it just arrived today - have to install it one of these nights.
_ Glove box lid was rattling... Fixed that.
_ Pulled rear bumper to check rust condition - Treated and painted the backside of the bumper to nullify any future rust back there.
_ Found that my reverse light housings are pretty far gone and un-salvageable - need to order a new pair from Japan.
_ Swapped out license plate light (had a brand new one already on hand) - old one was solid rust orange inside and one of the bulb terminals was completely corroded through.
_ Figured out that it's a TIGHT fit between bumper and body with those rubber end pieces on... Did my first paint scrape (ouch!) putting bumper back on and trying to line it up like before... Had wife give me a hand and went on better second time around.
_ Although not EXACTLY correct, I found out that the 240Z 1" 7/8 large diameter rubber floor plugs that are for sale at http://www.new-datsun-parts.com/
are a close match to the 50mm diameter spare tire well plugs we need for our cars - ordered up a set...
_ Repainted the spare tire well black after the fuel leak incident from the road trip to Cali from two weeks ago - noticed that the AN fitting at the tank was a little moist again - going to pull it out and switch it back to a rubber push-on hose with regular tube clamp.
_ Noticed that one of my muffler rubber hangers is missing, and the other one looks a bit precariously hung - need to fix that - default pepboys rubber muffler hanger would need some modification to be useable - looking for a better fit still...
Ran out of time after that...
More news later...