#
It is currently Sat Oct 25, 2014 7:09 pm

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 16 posts ]
 Post subject: 7circle's Hako
PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2014 9:54 am 

After a looonggggg wait... i have finally brought this baby back home! Surprisingly it runs..and i drove it back home without any issues other than having the charge light lit. Gonna guess alternator since i replaced the battery already...i actually got it going at about 120km/hr. Anyways... haven't done much but i just wanted to start a thread ^^; will update when i can.

Last edited by 7circle on Mon Sep 29, 2014 3:36 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Post subject: Re: 7circle's Hako
PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2014 2:48 pm 

What header is that? It looks incredible!

PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2014 4:01 pm 

Woo another one !

PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2014 5:40 pm 

Nice, real nice :) :D

PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2014 6:34 pm 

Ughh, that body line. Just beyond gorgeous.

Not sure why I'm wasting my time with Z's, real envy from this end and excited to see what you have planned for it!

PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2014 5:02 am 

Lovely 8)

PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2014 6:47 pm 

Looks great, story behind this?

PostPosted: Thu Sep 11, 2014 9:09 am 

Well, not much of a story... took me about 2 months to find the hako i wanted.. got a guy to purchase this vehicle from Biko Works on July 10,2014. After all the release paper work that needed to be done and railing the car, got to pick it up in Edmonton by September 8. At first i thought the battery was dead so i purchased a new one for it since it wouldn't start at the yard. The charge light was still lit after the replacement so i figure it'd be the alternator or the voltage regulator (learned from Kevin's Hako). Will be taking the alternator out tonight and get it repaired~ hopefully i can take this baby out for a spin before it snows...

After some inspections... the body is pretty rusted out as expected (looks nice from far but ...). Also had a rough time figuring out the jack points ... bent my left side rocker the first time i tried to jack it up :( but o wells its rusted to hell anyways and will be replacing that. Flush the engine oil, changed the oil filter and replaced my steering wheel.

I will start to take apart the car during winter but for now i wanna enjoy it first... so won't be updating much. Does anyone else think that driving a hako feels like driving a go-kart? or is it just me..

As for the headers, i will try to figure it out for you when i can.

Had a tough time trying to get the old oil filter out..so i drilled holes into it and put a screwdriver thru to get more moment to twist the thing out..

Heres the old steering wheel... and the new..

PostPosted: Thu Sep 11, 2014 3:42 pm 

Holy crap, Holy crap, Holy crap! Theres a Hako in my area! Dude you have impeccable taste. I would love to see one of these in person some day and you're my best chance to at this point. I'll keep in touch and hopefully there's a car show or two next year that you'll be at.

Put up a running video of it when you get it going.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2014 5:06 pm 

After some inspections... the body is pretty rusted out as expected (looks nice from far but ...). Also had a rough time figuring out the jack points ... bent my left side rocker the first time i tried to jack it up :( but o wells its rusted to hell anyways and will be replacing that.

oh no not another one :shock: .... just once I would like to read of a Hako that does not have rust... What a shame because this car looks nice in the pictures 8) . Anyway looking forward to your build and updates...

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2014 9:27 am 

Congrats on the purchase! I'm from edmonton as well. Currently doing a resto mod on a 260z. Would be cool to see your car in person one of these days.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2014 1:45 am 

I guess to start off.. this is my first project car or..my first time working on ANY car... if i say anything that doesn't make sense please forgive me as i am trying to learn as i go. I may ask stupid questions so please bare with me :wink:

takayuki wrote:
Congrats on the purchase! I'm from edmonton as well. Currently doing a resto mod on a 260z. Would be cool to see your car in person one of these days.

Thanks! i really like the Z cars also! was one of the options before i purchased the hako ... and yes i would love to bring it out and show other enthusiast (i would also love to see your 260z!) but right now engine cranks but no start up... trying to figure out why :cry: also i believe the rear shocks were damaged during transportation to here...both are leaking and my car just bounces like crazy (from when i drove it back home from the yard and just putting weight on it while parked) welp..good excuse to replace them with new ones i guess

PowerTryp wrote:
Holy crap, Holy crap, Holy crap! Theres a Hako in my area! Dude you have impeccable taste. I would love to see one of these in person some day and you're my best chance to at this point. I'll keep in touch and hopefully there's a car show or two next year that you'll be at.

Put up a running video of it when you get it going.

^^ i'd like to bring it up to Cgy sometime but sadly i doubt ill have this car on the road until next year summer

floridaguy wrote:
oh no not another one :shock: .... just once I would like to read of a Hako that does not have rust... What a shame because this car looks nice in the pictures 8) . Anyway looking forward to your build and updates...

yea... well i think rust is inevitable for a 42yr old car.. unless it was fully restored but this wasn't the case. TBH i think the car is in pretty good shape from what i have expected ^^;

PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2014 7:09 am 

7circle wrote:
but right now engine cranks but no start up... trying to figure out why :cry:

Things to check:

Make sure you're getting fuel:

-Something could have clogged the system. Check your fuel filter(s) and carbs.
-The Facet (or so it looks) fuel pump could have died (it looks fairly old). Getting a fuel pressure gauge, even just a cheap in-line one for the engine bay, can help a lot when trying to eliminate possible issues related to fueling.

Make sure you have spark:

-Check your plugs and make sure they're not fouled.
-Check the signal wires coming from the distributor (Red and green on my Z's L28), they could have got fried.
-Make sure a plug or coil wire hasn't fried. It happened on my brother's Jeep once and we only found out after a good bit of trouble shooting due to not thinking to check.
-Make sure the coil is actually generating a spark.

I can't really tell from the picture, but make sure you have the chokes hooked up. It may be less of an issue with Mikunis, but when I got my Z it didn't have the choke on the SUs hooked up and it made cold starts take forever (a couple of minutes or so). Once I got a choke hooked up, even though it's just on one of the carbs, the car starts right up, even when it's cold.

Good luck with it! Old Nissans are nice cars to learn on. My Z has certainly taught me a good lot.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2014 6:49 pm 

I don't see the starter jets being hooked up from the pic, it's those 3 disc things on top of the carbs with a spring return. I assume it has an electric fuel pump? If so, make sure it primes & fills the float bowls, then I would feed a thin metal wire through the starter discs (long enough wire so you can pull it while cranking, don't touch the gas pedal), it should fire right up, if not I would move onto electric/ignition.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 20, 2014 8:29 pm 

hey 7circle so are you located in edmonton area? i have alot of experience with the l'series and have a shop in town and basically am more than willing to come give you a hand just to touch your car lol

PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2014 2:05 am 

strdz wrote:
hey 7circle so are you located in edmonton area? i have alot of experience with the l'series and have a shop in town and basically am more than willing to come give you a hand just to touch your car lol

haha i alrdy have someone looking at it and engine runs fine! and idles smoothly. but thats the least of my problems... frame is rusted to hell.. guess i wont be enjoying this car for the next 2 years... lol

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 16 posts ]