#
It is currently Sun Apr 20, 2014 2:10 pm

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 2 of 2   [ 28 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Post subject: Re: TransAmBandit's 1988 Maxima SE
PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2011 11:51 pm 

Thanks man! As soon as I sell my MKIII, I'll get this thing registered and start with all the maintainance work. Then lower it on some old school Appliance Mesh 16x7 0 offset. 8)

- 1985 Toyota Celica GTS Convertible

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2011 8:16 am 
JNC Enthusiast

I just read about this guy in my area converting his boxy Maxima to RWD with S13 components.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2011 1:30 am 

Yeah Ive been following his build on Maxima.org. He's brave for doing it. Its just somethings look too botched to me on it. But other than that, I commend him for attempting it and I think he was almost done with the swap the last time I checked last month.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2011 8:09 pm 
JNC Enthusiast

Looks like alot of the parts actually fit for his conversion. His welding skills for the transmission are pretty good too.

I'd like to see what you can do. I'm not trying to compare fwd to rwd honestly each car has it's own practical uses and pros and cons. I've seen some really nice fwd cars. :wink:

PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2011 3:09 am 

Idk, I love his car. Its just somethings I would have done a bit differently. With the exterior mods for example, some are just too much going on.

But yeah, my car is just gonna be a simple daily driver. Lowered on some wheels, look pretty, and just enjoy it. My dream swap I have in my head is to put a VQ and a 6MT in it. lol

And RWD > FWD. I WISH these cars were RWD. But Im kinda glad they arent. They would be to hyped up like Cressidas. Ive always loved Cressidas since I was a kid for some odd reason. It just pisses me off when I see kids getting them now because they are the new trend. I wanted to be a OG. LOL

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2011 8:54 pm 

So today at my friends house we were working on his Cressida, so I decided to testfit some "hammers" that I had left at his house.

My friends provided the drop so I can have an idea what it may look like when I install my suspension.
Got some poke going on.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2011 11:00 pm 

So progress at last.

I fixed my stupid fcuking electrical drain problem. It was the battery. I put a new one in, and so far no issues for 2 weeks.

I found out my Front control arm bushing was shot on the right side two weeks ago, so I took it apart last weekend and spent the week replacing them on both sides along with a left tie rod. That was the cause of my really bad alignment problem. I found out that when the racks leak, ATF gets on the bushings and fucks them up. My rack is also leaking thanks to Nissan's wonderful seals of the 80s and 90s.

Took the time to install my Cusco 240sx coilovers in the front. Just had to slot one hole slightly on the strut tower and it went right in. Had to slice a piece off of the bottom of the coilover where it went to the knuckle. It rubbed the axle boot. Grinder solved the problem. Also with the tabs to hold the brake line in place on the coilover hit the wheel well on full lock. Cut those off too.

The rear, I bought two new struts since the ones on the car were blown. It wouldnt even return on compression. I then installed some brand new lowering springs for the rear of a 91-94 Sentra SE-R that my buddy had laying around. I figured I would give it a shot for free. The diameter was slightly smaller and the height was shorter than the stock spring. Gave me a nice drop. But with the soft spring rate, it rubs the wheel wells easily. Gonna have to rethink the rear.

Gonna go lower in the front eventually after an alignment.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2011 1:57 pm 

Put the stockers back on so I can clear bumps atleast in the rear. Car's been driving great despite the roughness of the occasional hard bump. Car's doing a lot better on gas with the control arm bushing fixed. I also did another seafoam job since it wouldnt hurt.

Had the car buffed and waxed. The Clearcoat is faded in some spots, but the car looked a lot better and felt smooth as can be afterwards.

Need to lower the front some more.

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 2 of 2   [ 28 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1, 2