#
It is currently Sat Aug 23, 2014 8:23 am


Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 17 posts ]
Author Message
 Post subject: My 1975 Datsun Cherry
PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2011 6:25 pm 

Joined: Mon Apr 11, 2011 6:19 pm
Posts: 4
Location: Long Island, NY
This Saturday, I will be picking up a 1975 Datsun Cherry, imported from England (I think), the steering wheel is on the opposite side of the car, so stoked. I believe in the US they were marketed as the F10?

This will be my first Japanese car of any kind, and I'm very excited. From what I understand, it's kind of rare. Anyways, I'm going to post some pictures of it and I'm hoping to rack up some interest in it from the community here. Hopefully you guys can help me with some history, interesting facts, tips and hints for restoration, I have no idea what kind of features are on the Dat either so if you can point out some cool stuff, that'd be awesome.

Also, I want to build up a list of people that have parts/experience with this car, because I'll be needing some help. The guy I'm buying it from also is including A TON of Datsun parts, so I'll have some goodies.

I plan on doing a full resto, and then probably selling it a few months later if I don't fall in love, so if you're interested in buying it from me, let me know as well.

(pics in next post)


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2011 6:28 pm 

Joined: Mon Apr 11, 2011 6:19 pm
Posts: 4
Location: Long Island, NY
Need another post before pics, damn.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2011 6:29 pm 

Joined: Mon Apr 11, 2011 6:19 pm
Posts: 4
Location: Long Island, NY
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image

This is what it looked like before it was in storage:

Image
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2011 3:01 am 

Joined: Tue Aug 04, 2009 8:46 pm
Posts: 82
Location: austin tx
this is the first generation of cherry and was never sold in the us, the f10 was the second gen, and was released here. congrats, its a sharp little car


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2011 5:25 am 
User avatar

Joined: Thu Apr 07, 2011 6:43 pm
Posts: 24
Location: San Gabriel, CA
Nice! What happend may I ask?

_________________
Image
93.5 JDM RHD Legal Supra TT 6 Speed Hardtop
00 S15 Spec R
02 Q45
04 ZX10R


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2011 8:29 am 
User avatar

Joined: Tue Mar 09, 2010 3:13 pm
Posts: 383
Location: SF Bay Area, CA
eek that didn't happen on the journey over did it?

_________________
'71 S30 - '90 S13x2 - '01 Grocery Getter AKA IS300 - '02 954RR


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2011 11:19 am 

Joined: Mon Apr 11, 2011 6:19 pm
Posts: 4
Location: Long Island, NY
The fender mishap happened while it was in storage. Not looking forward to fixing that up. You mentioned it was first generation Cherry, would that make it an E10? I'm having a lot of trouble finding parts for it because it goes by a thousand names and it sure is confusing!
Would anybody be able to compile a list of Datsun/Nissan models that would have interchangeable parts with my Cherry?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2011 10:30 pm 
JNC Fanatic

Joined: Fri Dec 14, 2007 11:26 pm
Posts: 1106
Location: Detroit
I remember this car on eBay last year (sans damage). Very cool.

_________________
Camshaft wrote:
It scares the bejesus out of me that someone, somewhere ordered the Lusitania with front drum brakes.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2011 10:01 am 
Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Fri Oct 12, 2007 8:57 pm
Posts: 8525
Location: Arlington, TX, USA
vinvinvin wrote:
Would anybody be able to compile a list of Datsun/Nissan models that would have interchangeable parts with my Cherry?


There really aren't any. If you list specific parts you need, there may be some crossover, but no chance of a "master list". This is a very rare car with little to no following. Owning a car like this makes you a bit of a pioneer. :wink:


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2011 12:05 pm 
JNC Enthusiast

Joined: Fri Dec 18, 2009 9:22 am
Posts: 648
Location: Netherlands
these come up for sale every now and then over here, one for sale now:

http://link.marktplaats.nl/440709745

as far as i know parts are still available.

why do you want to restore a rhd car and then sell it on? i dont think you will make any money on it since you are located in a lhd country.

pretty cool cars though.

_________________
Japanseklassiekers!

1970 C30 Laurel
1972 240Z
1973 610 Wagon
1977 260Z
1995 Micra
1999 200SX


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2011 7:51 pm 

Joined: Sat Nov 21, 2009 12:19 pm
Posts: 179
Location: NYC
Congrats,

No wonder the seller wont return my emails... :| LOL

Id like to look at this thing in person if possible.

_________________
- Travis
Bunch of cars, All TEQ Branded.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2011 8:17 pm 
Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Fri Oct 12, 2007 8:57 pm
Posts: 8525
Location: Arlington, TX, USA
Eric wrote:

why do you want to restore a rhd car and then sell it on? i dont think you will make any money on it since you are located in a lhd country.


In case you didn't know, quite often a car being RHD over here makes it worth more, not less. :wink:

But I agree with your statement. I wise man once told me "the only way to make a profit on a car is to sell it the same day you bought it."


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2011 1:03 pm 
JNC Enthusiast

Joined: Fri Dec 18, 2009 9:22 am
Posts: 648
Location: Netherlands
rhd is worth more?

we always say if it is available lhd why drive rhd :)

i know that same wise man, his advice helped me through the years!

_________________
Japanseklassiekers!

1970 C30 Laurel
1972 240Z
1973 610 Wagon
1977 260Z
1995 Micra
1999 200SX


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2011 5:46 pm 
User avatar

Joined: Sat Feb 24, 2007 9:43 am
Posts: 184
Location: Canada
Very nice!

You may want to contact this guy on flickr as he knows quite a bit about UK Datsuns - might be familiar with yours.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/reallyloud/


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2011 8:54 pm 
Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Fri Oct 12, 2007 8:57 pm
Posts: 8525
Location: Arlington, TX, USA
Eric wrote:
rhd is worth more?


Generally, yes. 8)

Quote:
we always say if it is available lhd why drive rhd :)


Because it's different. Over here we prize rare and unique. :tu:


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2011 12:57 am 
JNC Enthusiast

Joined: Fri Dec 18, 2009 9:22 am
Posts: 648
Location: Netherlands
i see :)

_________________
Japanseklassiekers!

1970 C30 Laurel
1972 240Z
1973 610 Wagon
1977 260Z
1995 Micra
1999 200SX


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: My 1975 Datsun Cherry
PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2011 8:28 am 
User avatar

Joined: Fri Apr 18, 2008 10:53 am
Posts: 450
Location: Malta
vinvinvin wrote:
This Saturday, I will be picking up a 1975 Datsun Cherry, imported from England (I think), the steering wheel is on the opposite side of the car, so stoked. I believe in the US they were marketed as the F10?

This will be my first Japanese car of any kind, and I'm very excited. From what I understand, it's kind of rare. Anyways, I'm going to post some pictures of it and I'm hoping to rack up some interest in it from the community here. Hopefully you guys can help me with some history, interesting facts, tips and hints for restoration, I have no idea what kind of features are on the Dat either so if you can point out some cool stuff, that'd be awesome.

Also, I want to build up a list of people that have parts/experience with this car, because I'll be needing some help. The guy I'm buying it from also is including A TON of Datsun parts, so I'll have some goodies.

I plan on doing a full resto, and then probably selling it a few months later if I don't fall in love, so if you're interested in buying it from me, let me know as well.

it IS imported from england right. I want a set of those wheels for my 4 door. for parts try datman.co
.uk.
enjoy your ride
(pics in next post)


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 17 posts ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  


Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group
610nm Style by Daniel St. Jules of Gamexe.net