Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 11, 2011 3:38 pm 
JNC Enthusiast

Hmm I wonder whos car that is?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 12, 2011 2:12 am 

If its not L and not RB im guessing FJ20 :tu:

I have seen a photo somewhere of a C10 with an FJ20 sitting it...

I guess alot more will start popping up in western countries and they wont seem as rare after this movie.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 12, 2011 5:09 am 

Awesome!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 12, 2011 8:21 am 

Why will there be another Fast and Furious movie? Can it die and go away forever now? :cry:

Cannondale R1000 - Daily

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 13, 2011 4:10 am 

Coming soon to a theater near you: ricer taxes applied to JNC's!!

And not long after: many destroyed/abused JNC's.

-Robert

My Build/Pic thread

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 14, 2011 6:37 am 

Wow...I have to say, when I started Project Hako in 2007, I figured it would appeal to J-tin folks (ie, all you sick freaks :lol:) but I didn't think it would have any appeal to "normal" people!

Now there seems to be such a buzz around the Hakosuka, I really didn't expect it.

Post subject: Re: Skyline in new movie
PostPosted: Mon Feb 14, 2011 11:35 pm 

notajncr wrote:
The same Hako was used in TOKYO DRIFT as a parked car in the garage parking drift scenes.

The IMCDB hasn't seen it yet.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 16, 2011 2:09 am 

kev wrote:
Wow...I have to say, when I started Project Hako in 2007, I figured it would appeal to J-tin folks (ie, all you sick freaks :lol:) but I didn't think it would have any appeal to "normal" people!

Now there seems to be such a buzz around the Hakosuka, I really didn't expect it.

I was kinda hoping it would stay that way. Robert hit the nail on the head. I think there's gonna be a whole big movement with damn kids who can't turn a friggin' wrench or drive worth a damn buying the kinda tin we all like and crashing it into walls or streetracing or some crap. The KPGC10 is already becoming more and more well known here in the USA... maybe I'll piss some people off, but I think a prime example would be the KPGC10 and KPGC110 that Fatlace owns... I cannot stand that fatlace crap. There aren't enough of these cars to murder one out with retard stance and stupid stickers and stupid shoe marketting to kids with their damn JDM YO flat billed hats, where they drive around in their kitted out super clean cars with the seat almost all the way back, with their stupid hat cocked back at 45 degrees, towhookin' around town in their girlfriend's tight jeans with their HID's and yellow foglights and all that nonsensical crap.

OK, I've definitely pissed a few people off now. I'm allowed to express my opinion. I know I'm not alone on here. :lol:

Cannondale R1000 - Daily

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 16, 2011 2:12 pm 

LOL... mine was the short version.

There are some guys who appreciate the cars for what they are, and especially what they were.

But the majority these days are those who are into the fads, the latest "scene".

I am trying to see both points of view here, on what a car means to someone. I see valid reasons on both sides of the coin, it's just the dumb ones making the rest look bad... and destroying the car while they're at it.

-Robert

My Build/Pic thread

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 16, 2011 2:43 pm 

TacoDelRio wrote:

I was kinda hoping it would stay that way. Robert hit the nail on the head. I think there's gonna be a whole big movement with damn kids who can't turn a friggin' wrench or drive worth a damn buying the kinda tin we all like and crashing it into walls or streetracing or some crap. The KPGC10 is already becoming more and more well known here in the USA... maybe I'll piss some people off, but I think a prime example would be the KPGC10 and KPGC110 that Fatlace owns... I cannot stand that fatlace crap. There aren't enough of these cars to murder one out with retard stance and stupid stickers and stupid shoe marketting to kids with their damn JDM YO flat billed hats, where they drive around in their kitted out super clean cars with the seat almost all the way back, with their stupid hat cocked back at 45 degrees, towhookin' around town in their girlfriend's tight jeans with their HID's and yellow foglights and all that nonsensical crap.

OK, I've definitely pissed a few people off now. I'm allowed to express my opinion. I know I'm not alone on here. :lol:

BINGO, i share your opinion as well man. while we cant do anything with it, just accept it as people do what they want with the money they have..sucks the rare cars we love will die horrible riced out deaths..blah

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 16, 2011 3:23 pm 

Somebody is going to have to give me really specific information about where the old Skyline is in the Fast Five trailer, which trailer (first or second one), or if this is in some interview. Maybe I am too old to have a Ritaline prescription or unable to identify anything in the hyper paced two-frame-per-image sequence of images in the trailers.

I doubt the fifth movie in the series will have anything like the following as the first. Partially because it's the fifth in the series, and anyone who would have been swayed over to following a fad would have done so in the previous four installments. Partially because movies always loose their following with each sequel.

But, the series has evolved away from being about cars, and into a farce of a cops-and-robbers story line.
The first movie was surprisingly OK compared to what was expected based on the rice-fest the press had it built up to be. The main character learned a little about driving. They actually built a car or two. The far fetched cops-and-robbers story line was not the center of the attention, so it wasn't that bad. It was at least as entertaining as Smokey and the Bandit.
The second movie was a waste of time and money. Little or no building of the car or evolution of the characters as drivers or mechanics. It was all about the chase scenes that linked the crap story line together, and the cherry on top of it all, jumping a car onto a speeding boat. The best thing about the second movie is the DVD feature with the four or five minute short film that links the first movie to the second.
Everyone else in the world hated the third film. I seem to be the only one who liked it, and the story returning to driving and car building. The bonus being the setting in Japan and some insight into both Japanese everyday culture and car culture. Easily the best of the series based on those aspects.
The fourth movie was basically an extension of the crap story line of the second film. Nothing to do with cars or driving at all. They could just as easily been on horseback or in space ships. And with the five lane wide, smooth as an interstate tunnel chase scene, it would have been more plausible if they were on horseback or in space ships.
The fifth movie promises to be worse than the fourth. All about the crap cops-and-robbers story line. The cars are now reduced to static props in the background. We'll see Paul Walker, graduate of the Keanu Reeves school of bad acting, shooting it up all over Brazil. Maybe they will jump the car off a ramp on the ground and knock a jumbo jet out of the sky, or something stupid like that.

They started out with a story line that had building cars and some plausibility. And the cars were supposed to be Japanese with a central aspect that the car being Japanese was not a bad thing. I remember a scene that they race the freshly built Supra against a Ferrari, and win. Now it's Ford GT40s, Corvette club racers, and Dodge sedans. They upped the ante right out of the story.
I'm just not seeing how this is going to motivate a lot of newly licensed rich kids to whine until mommy and daddy buys them a 1970 touring car in the same way the first movie made them all want orange Supras and illegally imported R34s. And there aren't any car magazines left to tell them they need one or else.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 16, 2011 3:33 pm 

I think you guys are over-reacting, it's just a movie. I don't think there were any plagues of Veilside kitted RX7s or RB26-engined Mustangs in the wake of the previous movies.

I think J-Nostalgics are a natural progression from an interest in modern JDM cars (I think that's probably how most JNCers got here) and you'll find that the F&F movie will be a symptom and not the cause of the increased interest in J-tin.

And there simply aren't enough Hakos and Kenmeris to go around...it's one thing to get a $1000 Miata and then drive around with the diff scraping the road and the nose covered in stickers*, and it's a whole new ballgame to do the same with a $20k classic as a starting point.

BTW I watched that trailer over and over too, and I don't think the Hako's in it. I think notajncr just chose the release of the trailer as a convenient time to tell us :)

*not that there's anything wrong with that, if that's what floats your boat :D

Last edited by kev on Wed Feb 16, 2011 3:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 16, 2011 3:38 pm 
JNC Enthusiast

I love stock. But I also love a subtle drop and a classy set of rims. I can't say that I'm a part of this whole stancenation / hellaflush/fatlace movement especially with a Japanese classic. I'm not trying to bust on anyone but I'd rather pride my work on a good resto and clean engine rather than a slammed and scraping car. Bosozoku/shakotan/hellaflush is cool but just not for my car.

Edit: Staying on topic, I think it would be cool to see a Hako in a movie but every kid is going to want one now. uuuuugggghhhhhhh. Pleasure and pain. I'd rather the kids leave classic j-tin alone.

Last edited by Drive510 on Wed Feb 16, 2011 6:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 16, 2011 3:50 pm 

kinda reminds me of the fatlace hako at JCCS...i cringed to see stickers covering spoiler holes and the removal of the brake light trim...but like kev said it is whatever floats your boat. curious to see what will happen myself with this "movement"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 16, 2011 4:21 pm 

I reckon the japanese classics don't really fit the lifestyle of the most hellaflush/stancenation guys. It's not like a modern car where there's lots of info on which brand of coilovers wind all the way down, and what specific offset and wheel width will get you a 2mm wheel gap.

You're on your own with a classic, and all the aftermarket parts you need are hard to get. And the first time you smash the sump of your super-lowered Hako (and the sump is the lowest point of the car in a Hako...) your car will be off the road while you spend 6mths sourcing a new one...

For example, look at that Mike Burroughs guy (the really lowered, formerly rusty and now chopped 1980s 5-series beemer). He chose the harder path with his car, in that everything on it needs to be home-made or fabricated. Notwithstanding the fame he's earned, it's not like you see any other 1980s euro classics with the same treatment.

Occasionally you'll get someone like the Fatlace guys who'll give a Hako or Kenmeri the treatment (and of course we have our own Yuta too). As Drive510 also said, I think it's a bit of a double standard to get a kick out of garuchan/kaido-racer/bosozoku cars and not these, too. I think it kinda amounts to the same thing, which is to make a car that's fun to look at.

To be honest, for every one hellaflush'd Skyline in the USA, there are 500 more in Japan, with candy pink paint, more bondo than metal, springs removed and 5 foot tall vertical tailpipes :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 16, 2011 4:56 pm 

kev wrote:
To be honest, for every one hellaflush'd Skyline in the USA, there are 500 more in Japan, with candy pink paint, more bondo than metal, springs removed and 5 foot tall vertical tailpipes :lol:

Ill drink to that! :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 17, 2011 1:17 pm 

Sexy Hammer wrote:
3 was funny because there are people who believe that is an accurate and realistic portrayal of Japan.

I know some folks who think that way.

And everyone wears cute little Hello Kitty dresses and likes smelling women's panties that come from street vendors and all that.

Cannondale R1000 - Daily

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 17, 2011 7:42 pm 
JNC Enthusiast

Is that Marco's car? Paul Walker sure had a smile from ear to ear.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 17, 2011 10:13 pm 

Norcal510 wrote:
Paul Walker sure had a smile from ear to ear.

Hakos have that effect on ppl :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 18, 2011 9:31 am 
JNC Enthusiast

I keep hoping for a new F&F movie to be more about cars than drugs and smuggling. I guess my hopes are too high.

The Hako would put a bit more class in the movie - unless they end up crashing it for film (the masses have spoken please don't crash it). I curled my toes enough just watching "The Other Guys" when they smashed that classic Chevy.

Favorite movie...Hands down, "Wangan Midnight". Nothing compares so far(even if they used a 2+2 for some scenes but it's ok).

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 4   [ 64 posts ]
Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next