#
It is currently Fri Mar 27, 2015 1:26 am

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 11 posts ]
 Post subject: My 1986 Nissan Leopard
PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2015 10:19 am 

Hi there guys I believe this cars made an appearance on here a few years ago and fortunately now it's come into my hands :) I sold my 1992 Mazda MX5 to fund it after finally deciding it was time to find me an oldskool Jap saloon! Aesthetics wise it hasn't changed since the last owner who posted up on here but I have plans to change a few bits n bobs and try bring the car back upto the condition it deserves to be since it seems to have been a little neglected over the last few years! Aswell as the Leopard as my daily I have a 1984 Honda Civic which I absolutely adore :)

A couple with my friends Mazda 323 :)

Plans for this are a nice set of wheels (I have a set of 13x8 RSL Cults currently getting tidied up) Possibly a very mild bit of lowering and just keep it clean! So back to the Leopard I bought it back in December and so far I've just done a couple little jobs here and there :) I'll copy and paste my progress so far just to bring my thread upto speed :)

Hi there guys it's been a while since I posted a thread up on here, hope you like! so heres my F31 Nissan Leopard. Not a lot changed on it aesthetically since the last owner had it however, I do have new wheels which I am currently tidying up and also have a new backbox in the pipeline as i'm not too keen on the current one.

The new wheels to go on are Stern Hinodex 17" Just need to get some 4 to 5 stud hub adapters to make them fit :)

Somebody had painted the rims (badly) in silver so i'm just working my through scrubbing all the crappy paint off :) The exhaust is being changed for a subtle twin exit item, I don't think the J can quite suits this myself. Besides that i'm just gonna clean her up as best I can and keep her running sweet :)

just a bit of a quick update got round to doing a couple small jobs today whilst being bored and broke lmao!

First up the front splitter (and a bit of the bumper) had got scuffs and I found the black scuffs against the white bodywork a bloody eyesore! So as a temporary measure inbetween the beautiful sunshine and bouts of rain I quickly touched the areas up with some paint. If the weather had been a little more predictable i'd have liked to have taken the bumper off and done a bit of a cleaner job but even with what I've done it doesn't stand out half as much!

a quick before and after

should look even better when the rest of the bumper is clean lol!

Next up I noticed the front indicators looked dull and grotty so pulled them out and gave them a quick clean up. Water had got past the seals and allowed for dirt and moisture to get inside the units

with that I washed the lenses and wiped down the housings with alcohol, cleaned the connectors on the units and on the car with electrical cleaner, lubed the seals and put some grease over the earth connections too heres a comparison shot

and both cleaned up

The pic of the front of the car up from this has them fitted after being cleaned. Not something you really notice from a distance but it's just nice to know they have been done :) little details n all that! I also pulled the other two Stern wheels out the garage ready to start cleaning up and thought i'd grab a quick pic against the car :)

I think the current tyre sizes I will use on the front wheels and on the rear maybe go for a very slightly higher profile so even though i'm running 17's I try to get that bit of a retro fat tyre look in keeping with the era of the car, hopefully it works out :)

And my current rear window sticker stack!

Hopefully we'll have some more updates soon where the car will change and i'll be starting to put my own stamp on her :) Enjoy!

Post subject: Re: My 1986 Nissan Leopard
PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2015 11:57 am 

Welcome to JNC 8)

Nissan Bluebird SSS Coupe #25 Race Car
http://japanesenostalgiccar.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=24339

PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2015 1:41 pm 

Cool not sure about the rear tail lights haha but the rest is nice on the Leopard, don't see many of them about

PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2015 2:16 pm 
Administrator

Nice! This body style in the states as an Infiniti M30
but the usa-spec big & ugly crash bumpers that ruin the look :x

PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2015 12:04 pm 

Pretty car for shure

PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2015 11:48 am 

Thanks guys I bloody love her! No real updates as of yet however I have finally purchased some 4 to 5 stud hub adapters meaning i'm one step closer to getting the Stern's fitted! :D Grabbed a few pics last night and also today after fitting my Slambox sticker, of my pals '84 Mazda 323 with the Leopard today :)

PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2015 12:52 pm 

Ya painting the lip really cleaned it up. Can't wait to see the new wheels on it.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2015 11:03 am 

Happy today managed to make a little progress on the Leopard and got the electric aerial working! I wanted to tat the other day but with the unpredictable weather I didn't want to start a job and then have to pack up because of the interior getting drenched! So rather than settle down as soon as I got in from work being as its a nice clear afternoon I thought i'd investigate behind the stereo and see if there was any obvious reasons as to why the aerial wouldn't work.

Fascia panel removed and stereo out inital observation was that the switch to select full and half mast had been completely disconnected so plugged back in and tried but still nothing happening at the rear so I traced the wires back and for some strange reason the power for the aerial between the headunit and ISO loom had been snipped, it was real short too as if about 2 inch of the wire had been removed! Luckily having a spare bit in the garage I rejoined and tested again along with now plugging in the unplugged aerial lead we now had a fully functioning electric aerial with full and half mast selection :D

Quick Vid:

So then it was just a case of putting her all back together et voila!

Mega happy it was a straightfoward fix! Seriously can't wait to get a nice double din stereo fitted to take up the gap now :)

PostPosted: Sun Mar 08, 2015 4:07 pm 

Wow, looks great. Those wheels will look great on it. This is why the leopard is my favorite 80's car hahaha.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2015 1:36 pm 

Quick pic rolling into Shelsley Walsh for the Breakfast Club meet Sunday morning with my friends extremely clean DC2 Integra behind :)

PostPosted: Fri Mar 13, 2015 7:25 pm 

Nice! That leopard is looking really nice :D

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 11 posts ]