#
It is currently Thu Apr 17, 2014 3:34 pm

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 4 posts ]
 Post subject: S13 coilovers into DR30 - kit
PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2014 2:25 pm 

I know this has been covered a heap of times in the past but as I was building my DR30 into a race car here in Australia I wanted access to a wide range of coilovers. I had read about guys doing the S13 knuckles into the DR30 although with the usual bump steer issue on the front and the rear 2 bolt / 3 bolt pattern issue, as well as the rear coilovers having to be at full extension for a lower than standard ride height. All in all not ideal, so I set about designing a conversion kit, which I'm in the process of having the first one made for testing.

Originally I was going to replace the whole tie rod and end on the front, but the rules I am building my car to race in don't allow non production tie rods (so that idea was scrapped), so I designed a tie rod end that takes a motorsport spec spherical bearing - through which a tapered shank connects to the steering arm of the knuckle. A series of spacers then allows one to adjust the bump steer.

On the rear I have designed a simple 2 bolt to 3 bolt plate that bolts to the top of the coilover allowing you to use your existing 3 bolt pattern and not having to drill, and at the same time giving you an extra 30mm of droop travel, meaning you can set your coilovers up easily without any compromise.

I will be offering these kits for sale once I have them fully tested on my own car.

This was my original design:

This is the new tie rod end - so no tie rod or rod end required.

Post subject: Re: S13 coilovers into DR30 - kit
PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2014 2:29 pm 

And this is the rear spacer.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 05, 2014 8:10 pm 

This looks interesting. I'll definitly keep an eye out cor your kit. :tu: :tu: :tu:

PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2014 9:23 am 

front def interests me as well. the rear is something i see a lot of others wanting, but i already drilled my rears for s13 tops lol

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 4 posts ]