1) Today i decided it's time to check what's really wrong with my Z and if it's possible to get it back to original condition. now i'd like to show you a little comparison between original Z and my car:
Rear end on my car:
Now compared to another (rusty) Z i found on the internet:
- Blue: Top rear panel is missing as well on mine and in the picture above...
- Yellow: The hole for numberplate-lighting has been closed on mine..
- Green: the lower mounts for the Number-plate panel have been removed on mine:
- Pink: I've talked about it before: They welded in some other taillight-panels into the originals..
2) Now i got a new replica rear top panel a while ago:
as you can see also the lower mounts for the upper panel are missing on my z (pictures from the same rusty car as above..)
What's wrong else?
There has been a lot of Patchwork "rust hiding" in the front wheel housing as well as a lot of really ugly welds:
More wrong-ness? of course
I've been told by someone else that my rear fender wasn't "round"... took a closer look and - hell yeah! someone did a really bad job when fixing the codrivers side rear fender:
and finally - the floor pans:
Someone just welded in som flat metal pieces istead of replacing it with replica floorpans or anything like that:
On the left side (front) you can see the flat metal piece, while in the rear (right side, behind the seat rail mount) still the genuine floor panels seem to remain.. it seems like the original floor panel still remains underneath the flat piece in front. so i will need to cut it out first and see what's below.. argh!!
But at least i feel like it's not a big problem to get it back to genuine condition as no parts have really been destroyed or something..
2) decided to put in two new shelves into the garage, way cleaner and better organized now:
3) And while cleaning the garage i found a bag and wondered what was inside, and - haha - found a set of drumbrake-pads and springs from the Z i thought where missing - great
My real JDM RHD EK9 & S30Z Project build Blog