If just every day would be as successful as today
As my friend Andy came over again to give me a hand and some advice in removing the engine and transmission i wanted to prepare a few things first and had a few small tasks to do:
1) Started to remove the tow hook but sadly broke off one stud, need to get it out when the car is on the rotisserie:
2) Then i removed a Ring that seems to be some isolation between the fuel tank and the inside of the car:
Ring & Rubber finally out:
3) Next i checked what they've done to the car previously. as you can see the rear skirt has been welded to the quarters, so everything is one piece now. as i want a genuine look again, i need to cut that into pieces and seems like i need to replace some bigger parts like the rear skirt, lowe quarters and mabe even the upper ones.
4) Removed also a few smaller pieces like for example those things who seem to hold the cowl panel in place:
5) Then my friend Andy showed up and we started to prepare for the engine to come out. first was removing the starter motor:
6) also removed the clutch cylinder and stuff (sadly forgot to make a picture)
7) Then continued with preparing the engine to come out, we decided to take engine and transmission out in two steps, so we fixed the Transmission and then removed the Valve cover.
But then we decided to use some bolts from the head to get the engine out istead of the head bolts:
Finally we got the eingine out there - yesss
9) And then also the transmission. Andy mentioned that the cogs on the main gear where slightly worn out, but i think it's still ok but possibly will replace it..
so that's it for today, now im able to remove the front suspension and rear. really happy with today's progress and big thanks to andy