#
It is currently Wed Aug 27, 2014 8:06 am

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 7 posts ]
 Post subject: Some fairlady 2+2 questions.
PostPosted: Mon Nov 01, 2010 12:09 pm 

Hey guys, i am buying a 1976 i believe, fairlady Z 2+2. It has been sitting in a storage unit for 10 years and has just been pulled out. It has some rear right hand side quarter panel damage but other than that the body seems mostly straight. I have a few questions. Is the 1976 fuel injected? The guy i am buying it from does not know, and i am just learning about the fairlady's. Also is it the same from the front seats forward as a standard 2 seat s30? If not what is different? It would also be great to know any cool facts about the cars, any info is great. Thanks so much.

Here are some pictures of the car. Also it looks to have mismatched wheels, does anyone know what either of them are.

Also any idea what a car like this might be worth?

Thanks guys. I do alot of the research on my own, but know that i will always get correct info from here.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 01, 2010 2:06 pm 

I wouldn't pay much, Im not sure on prices in your country. After sitting for ten years you are going to have to go over every inch checking lines hoses bushing anything rubber for cracks and splits. How complete is the car?
If its not running and i looks like it is missing bits and pieces just offer money for scrap. Your prob helping them out by removing it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 01, 2010 4:55 pm 

Fronts are Zed alloys, i think the back are the same but just a weird angle.

Agree with GTS-Retro- not sure it is really worth that much................

Post subject: Re: Some fairlady 2+2 questions.
PostPosted: Mon Nov 01, 2010 5:12 pm 

skyrine wrote:
Is the 1976 fuel injected? The guy i am buying it from does not know

A '76 model should be fuel injected. USDM cars were EFI from '75 on, and I'd think the JDM cars would be as well.

Quote:
Also is it the same from the front seats forward as a standard 2 seat s30?

Yes, Longer wheelbase, extra seats, and the odd roof are the only difference.

Quote:
Also any idea what a car like this might be worth?

I'd love to have one here because they are so unloved (unloved = cheap) and I could easily swap all the bits over to a 2-seater shell. :P

No market for it, plus none ever seem to come up for sale, means the "market value" is tough to determine.

I would assess market value as what the parts on it are worth. To buy all the correct bits to convert a USDM car to JDM-spec would easily be $1000+, so if you can get it for less than that I'd jump on it... 8)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 01, 2010 5:20 pm 

GTS-Retro wrote:
I wouldn't pay much, Im not sure on prices in your country. If its not running and i looks like it is missing bits and pieces just offer money for scrap. Your prob helping them out by removing it.

Keep in mind that since it's a JDM car, in the US, that's makes it worth a bit more than it normally would be were it a common USDM 2+2. :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2010 3:23 pm 

I'd love to get my hands on that... :D

Don't know if it needs saying, it's probably a two liter car as well, not a 280z in the American parlance. The S31, as I once started an argument about, lol. So it probably ought to have had the NAPS and "E" badge on the deck. Awesome...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2010 12:23 am 

datsunfreak wrote:
GTS-Retro wrote:
I wouldn't pay much, Im not sure on prices in your country. If its not running and i looks like it is missing bits and pieces just offer money for scrap. Your prob helping them out by removing it.

Keep in mind that since it's a JDM car, in the US, that's makes it worth a bit more than it normally would be were it a common USDM 2+2. :wink:

True, missed that fact.

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 7 posts ]