If there is one guy i can't thank enough when it comes to my project this is my Datsun-buddy Stev which has been superhelpful. He came by my place today and spent 8 hours working for a free pizza and some money for the fuel. How often does this happen to anyone? THANK YOU SO MUCH, STEV!! You're an awesome guy with a great taste in cars
So that's what we (aka HE) did today:
1) He brought a bunch of pre-cut steel bars to create a rolling chassis jig, so i'll be able to move my car easy onto a trailer to get it moved to the bodyshop:
2) then he took out his welder and started welding up the stuff with his awesome skills
Building the Jig included also the usage of a Metal saw which he brought with him:
and even more welding:
3) this is wat we (he) ended up with, it's a perfect thing and exactly what i was looking for. Well done stev!!!
4) took us a while to get the chassis moved onto this jig, but it's great and i can roll the chassis around super-easy now and the brakes on the weels also makes it able to lock the position:
4) thanks to his super awesome skills i talked him into helping me drill some old sheared-of and broken screws out of the chassis and get the threads recut. Here he's preparing the sheared of screws:
and redrilling them:
5) I got him working in all kind of funky positions. There sure will be some pain in the muscles tomorrow
THANK YOU AGAIN STEV, SO MUCH! Thanks to his work he saved my probably three months of hassling around with various stuff!
The chassis is now ready for the bodyshop. Just need to organize a transporter and a date with the panel-beater. This is awesome and the biggest step in the project since i bought the car! I hope for more updates soon!!
My real JDM RHD EK9 & S30Z Project build Blog