She's made some interesting progress, haha.
I ordered new bits for the brake lines, but when they got here, the thread pitch on the bit that connects the soft line to the hard line was wrong so I had to send them back. So, still waiting on brake parts, haha. In the meantime, I decided to get to work on the interior!
First order of business was the door panels. They were clearly not in good shape, haha.
So I went to the local home center and bought some black corrugated plastic and using the remnants of one the original door panels (fortunately left and right are mirror images) I cut it to shape. Then a quick trip to JMS and I got 3 sheets of 140cm x 130cm black leather seat cover stuff. A little cutting and gluing (that should be read as a lot of cutting and gluing, haha) and we have this!
Rear side panels.
With the side panels in, it was time to get the seats cleaned up, together and installed. First things first though, had to paint the seat frames.
With those painted, I just hit the passenger vinyl with some simple green (everything will get a good hit with armor all once I get done getting in and out of the car in my dirty shop clothes) and then popped them in! I think it looks pretty good, especially considering it's 43 years old!
The driver side was a bit more difficult though, as it had a huge tear in it. Check it out.
So, I fashioned a make shift cover out of some spare black leather from the door panels and some zip ties. (The seats, front and rear, will eventually all get professionally recovered, but I think this will suffice for now).
Doesn't look too bad in the car.
In the middle of all that interior fun, my tires showed up (as my buddy already posted a pic, haha)! Properly sized, bias ply, yokohoma tires! These things look old even though they're brand new, haha.
The markings on the tires.
Then my brake parts arrived. The connector that goes from the stainless line to the hard line has the wrong thread pitch for the hard line, so those went back today for the proper ones.
So, since I had new parts, I got curious as to why the old lines wouldn't work, so I cut one open to have a look at the inside. It looks like the rubber just swelled up so much that it closed up the passage. Pretty crazy!
Then today, I got to work on the back seat. Got the vinyl on the base plates, painted the hinges and installed the whole thing. The vinyl has a few cuts and tears on it, but for the most part it's not terrible.
From the back.
The whole thing then folds flat and tumbles forward to sit flush against the back of the front seats, opening up the entire trunk.
And that's where I'm at! The only things really left to do are the brakes, reverse light (the existing one has turned to rust), and the heater pipes (plus a few other odds and ends)!
Thanks everyone again for all the support and inspiration!
Will keep you all updated, plan on driving it for the first time by next weekend!