#
It is currently Thu Aug 28, 2014 8:33 am

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 8 posts ]
 Post subject: 1977 Mitsu Lancer - aka Dodge Colt
PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2012 8:52 pm 

So a few months ago I was on the hunt for something a little different and not my normal Celica, Corolla, or even Mazda for that matter. Never a fan of the datsun products I began to hunt for a Colt. I have always been a fan of the 71-73? body style and found a nice light blue on a while back but that car had long since been sold. I had stumbled upon this red and white edition 77 colt a few months prior to that and had even tried to convience a co-worker to pick it up because I figured it would be a cool car for them to work on and drive at the time. For me that is the enjoyment anyway. They are never any fun if you can't drive them. Well they passed and when it came time for me to get one I looked for it again. It took a little while, but the car came back up for sale and I made a call to go see it.

I was very happy to see what waited for me the day I went to the sellers house. The car was better then anticipated and was very straight and clean. The interior was nearly flawless and the body was incredibly straight and rust free. The car started right up and had a lot of wear parts replaced on it already. I barted the deal and left home smiling. Once home I immediately began personalizing the car to my liking. I started with a 3 inch drop in the rear and a fender roll to fit some massive for the car 15x9 -14's wrapped in 195/45/15 tyres. The front was dropped with a simple cut of the coils and after a few attempts it finally settled into an acceptable stance and then rolled for some 15x8 -5 rims wrapped in the same size 195/45/15's.

After that focus was turned to the stereo and paint. A simple cut and buff and package tray rebuild was in order and the car was ready to hit the streets. There really isn't anything special to this car per say, but in the end it pulls it off. Some more minor tinkering with the carb and timing has the car running like a top and making good power. It nets about 30mpg to and from work and only take 20 bucks to fill for an entire week of commuting. I honestly couldn't be happier with it.

Hope you all like it. I plan to add a little more to the stereo system in the near future and possible upgrade the carb to a weber 32/36 just for a little more pep. But aside from that she pulls off what I want her to. Hope you all like her.

Post subject: Re: 1977 Mitsu Lancer - aka Dodge Colt
PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 11:06 am 

That is so freaking clean. I love seeing scores like this! I'm glad you kept the original paint scheme, it's just so classic.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 12:25 pm 

nice! :tu:

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 5:55 pm 

Clean as hell, now I'm pissed I didn't buy the one saw on craigslist, same color and everything.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 7:09 pm 

Were you able to get the lens bezel you needed or still in need of one?

77 Colt Galant Wagon

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 7:37 pm 

I found a guy selling a car in Georgia and offered him a fair price to pull off the trim I needed. He agreed and shipped it to me. Now I just need that missing hood trim and the car will be complete. But I can live without that for now. The headlight trim was the big one for me.

Thanks for the compliments though guys. The car is really starting to grow on me. I thought about selling it a few weeks ago, but have since changed my mind. It's too damn reliable and economical to part with it. I guess it looks pretty good too.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 7:26 am 

nice OG

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 7:22 am 
JNC Enthusiast

Now that is a damn nice car! Is it an auto or a stick?
If you do sell that I will be on the first plane to SoCal I cant think of a better garage mate to the Sapporo! The red vinyl top is so awful that it becomes awesome.

'83 Sapporo Technica; '84 Starion ES; '80 Colt; '79 Cressida
'91 RX7 convertible; '68 Camaro SS 350 convertible; '71 NSU 1200c

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 8 posts ]