#
It is currently Wed May 27, 2015 3:02 am

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 4 posts ]
 Post subject: Mitsubishi Sigma
PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2015 2:54 pm 

The Mitsubishi Sigma was introduced at the 1990 Paris Motor Show. It was one of the most important introductions. Another was the Porsche built Mercedes 500E. Those were the days 8)

I introduce you my Mitsubishi Sigma. It is an early example: 1991. I am the happy owner since december. The former owners didn't make many miles with it: 70.000 (110.000KM). The car is in a very nice shape and everything is factory spec.

The Sigma has much in common with the Diamante of the same generation. They differ in that the Sigma is a sedan/saloon with a slightly roomier interior and it has a slighly different tail design. The car is loaded with technology. Of course the 3.0i 24V DOHC engine that is also present in the GTO/3000GT with or without turbos. It interacts with the automatic gearbox very nicely. The power is delivered to the road using traction control and trace control systems. My car is the 'basic' model without the 4WS system. The 4WS-model also came with Electonically Controlled Suspension. Apart from that there isn't much basic about my Sigma: leather interior, automatic climate control, power seats with memory, power windows, mirror ect. And the back seat is foldable, what is very practical. The Sigma sedan came with a nice multilink design for the rear axle, unlike the later Australian built Station Wagon, that was specced with a traditional one.

My other cars are Saabs (900 classic and 9000) and a Volvo 760. Both the 9000 and the 760 are cars of pretty much the same generation in the same segment. The Volvo with its PRV 6 cilinder is a great cruiser. In contrast the Sigma drives sporty. The exhaust produces a delightfull sporty sound btw. The Swedes are the same size, but they are somewhat roomier inside.

A joy it is my new fresh Sigma.

Mitsubishi. De gestaalde perfektie.

Post subject: Re: Mitsubishi Sigma
PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2015 3:21 pm 
Administrator

i think that was sold as the Diamante in the states?

PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2015 4:08 pm 

Yes, but the Diamante was a hardtop. Europe didn't get the Diamante.

PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2015 3:26 pm 

The Sigma cockpit:

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 4 posts ]