#
It is currently Tue Mar 31, 2015 5:54 am

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 5 posts ]
 Post subject: 1971 colt galant hardtop in Colorado, US
PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2015 11:47 am 

I traded my '66 Toyota Stout for a Colt Galant, and here it is. I find it a bit ironic that both the stout and the colt are extremely rare in the US, and for both vehicles i have had to turn to Australia for parts!

Well the stout was not in amazing shape, so the colt i traded it for wasn't either. The engine had a blown head gasket, and when i took it apart to rebuild it, it was packed full of what looked like dirt. It must have been rust, tons of it. Sadly, after having the engine bored out and buying everything i needed, i used a friends broken torque wrench and broke two connecting rod bolts. Because of the lack of parts here in the US, after searching for about 6 months i am sort of giving up on the engine... all because i can't find a couple lousy connecting rod bolts.

So now i got my hands on a 4d55t engine. Seems to bolt right up to the colt engine mounts, although i haven't checked if the transmission bolts right up yet. Now i get to sort of start over though. This one is not complete either, and i have to buy some bits and reassemble it. This is really turning out to be an ordeal. I just want to drive it again!!

Anyway. This is getting a bit long for an into, but thanks for reading. Hopefully i will have a running vehicle to show for myself... at some point haha. With a lot going on right now, it may be a bit of a slow build.

Will post a couple pictures when I can. I am on a phone so I don't want to deal with that in a tiny screen.

Post subject: Re: 1971 colt galant hardtop in Colorado, US
PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2015 4:36 pm 

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2015 8:28 pm 
Administrator

@SSloth welcome & I think we've seen that car before?

PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2015 12:36 pm 

I think I may have posted an intro, this is more of a build thread though. Pictures of the diesel engine soon.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 13, 2015 7:30 pm 

"shortage of parts"

^not to sure about that, or maybe its just that I haven't done anything major like restorations. Ebay or Craigslist is always awesome when you're looking for stuff! or just get a new engine off autopartswarehouse or rockauto (could've sworn I saw one online the other day.)

Hoping to see more updates from you :tu:

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 5 posts ]