#
It is currently Thu Jul 02, 2015 5:36 am

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 9 posts ]
 Post subject: Mazda r130 13a engine part numbers
PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2015 9:54 pm 

Does anybody, anywhere have an r130 luce parts book.

I am chasing bearings and a water retention kit. I have a contact looking in germany and japan , they can go no further without part numbers.

76 mazda 1300 .

Post subject: Re: Mazda r130 13a engine part numbers
PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2015 2:13 am 
JNC Enthusiast

You must like chasing hens teeth, nice cars but good luck finding parts !

I can't help with a parts book but I can tell you this particular guy has listed many new r130 parts over the years, everything from new rotors, housings, irons and other parts. My only advise is if he has anything you're after to clench your butt cheeks real hard !
http://sellinglist.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/user/kanekosony

This place is probably worth a go as well
http://www.garage-starfield.com/

There's another yard that I used to buy the odd part from that carried old stuff but can't for the life of me remember the name right now. It' been years since I've really looked for anything. I suspect you'll be talking to a fitter and machinist for bearings and a water seal kit from one of the aftermarket suppliers. Not sure what you'll find in Germany, never thought they were exported outside of Japan.

Good luck.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2015 3:24 am 

Thanks John.

The engine was rebuilt 20 years ago, the water retention kit used was a normal mazda kit for all rotaries, but cut and glued together for the larger housings. the engine sat for 20 years, the housings corroded badly and it leaked water. the housings have now been tig welded and devconed.

everything in the engine is perfect apart from the apex seals , which were poorly handled by the guy who pulled it apart, this is no problem as i bought new ones from mazda (same as 10a) , the bearings are ok, but id like to use new if i could.

If i cant get anything i will have to use two sets of water kits and do the same thing again. ive had the plates machined and purchased oil seals, o rings and what ever i could buy.

76 mazda 1300 .

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2015 3:11 pm 
JNC Enthusiast

If you need to cut the water seals you may as well monster port it lol

Places like Pineapple Racing in the US sell custom water seal kits, you're probably better off trying to get an extra long version of whatever they use rather than cut and join factory 10a,12a,13b ones. That way you only have one join not two, less chance of leaks as well. Someone else would know for sure but their seals I think are made from viton or something like that.

If you find factory ones all the better... are the oil control rings a custom size ? If they are I think that's the biggest problem with these motors.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2015 4:29 pm 

Yes they are. The crank and bearings are much larger aswell.

76 mazda 1300 .

PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2015 4:29 am 

At last i have finished this beast.

It was a huge task trying to get a car running that you simply can not buy any parts for. The only thing i could buy was apex seals,corner seals, and corner seal springs because they are the same as 10a. (still available NOS from mazda).

13a rotar next to a 12a rotor.

The plates were very good, but they had corrosion where they mate up against the water seals, so they were surface ground to make sure they seal properly.

I could not buy oil control rings anywhere. Even mazda japan, australia, germany etc had nothing. they were worn, the engine would have been pretty smokey.

kevin at southcoast rotary suggested a regrind

I took them to the guys i use for plate machining, they set them up on a magnetic chuck on a lathe and ground the taper back into them. you can just see in this pic the fine line on the edge.

They wont be good as new ones, but it has a better chance of sealing now than it ever did.the car will only get driven twice a year to shows, so it should be ok.

new welsh plugs fitted to plates...

You can not buy 13a water retention kits, so we cut and joined two 12a kits together. we used a loctite brand glue that has to be kept in the fridge!

the join before glue

Assembly

It runs super smooth and quiet.

i will make a video of the car through the week.

76 mazda 1300 .

PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2015 8:12 pm 
JNC Enthusiast

I'm super impressed with how you guys thought outside the square to make the control rings usable.
Is the blue stuff Holymar ?
Also didn't realise that normal twin dizzy caps fit the R130, I've only ever seen them fitted with the unique ones they were fitted with from factory.

With oversize corner seals, you could probably use single dizzy ones with the slots wire cut to suit the larger apexes. Always an option.

I've been watching a few things on Yahoo recently, there's been quite a few R130's pass through auction for not too expensive. There was a 2 for 1 deal only a week ago which seemed like a reasonable deal to make restoration easier. For a rare model there's been quite a few listed recently.

So how does an R130 drive, is it comparable to a 10a,12a, or 13b ?
Did you buy a late model rotary Capella coupe ? (signature)

PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2015 9:15 pm 

Ive only driven it round the carpark so far. It will be registered on monday and ill do a few laps of the block.

Yes i will ad some pics of the capella to my thread soon. Yes the blue stuff is hylomar. It is much better than using vaso. Vaso is petroleum based and it attacks rubber o rings and seals.

76 mazda 1300 .

PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2015 3:16 am 

video of the car.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R3XEa04Sp2c

76 mazda 1300 .

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 9 posts ]