#
It is currently Thu Oct 30, 2014 11:46 am

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 16 of 16   [ 310 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16
 Post subject: Re: My 1971 Mazda RX2 Coupe Restoration and my new JNT!!
PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 12:08 pm 

I joined this forum just for this thread, as I just picked up a '73 here in Cali. Your attention to detail is amazing and I can't wait to see the final product. I hope things are progressing nicely with the house! Wish I could get a high res picture of that one in front of the building so I can use it for my computer's wallpaper to keep my motivation up. Thank you for sharing this build with us!

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2012 3:20 am 

Thanks for the kind words. Yes house is getting there and I need to stop playing around with my RX7 so I can finish the house and then get stuck into the RX2. Hoping to get it back out mid to late next year.....

Make sure you put some pics up of your '73, would love to see it!!

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 11:16 am 

I'm also restoring a 1972 rx2. Man you really are multitasking, I will try to get motivation with your post. I just bought the last important piece I needed to get started which is the chrome trim for the vinyl top. Also need a small piece of black seat fabric since the driver seat has a one inch hole, but the rest of interior is good. If you know who can send me info on how to install the vinyl top chrome trim and what kind of clips to use or where to buy them will be helpful

Post subject: Re: My 1971 Mazda RX2 Coupe Restoration - It's Orange!!
PostPosted: Fri Apr 12, 2013 7:05 am 

jdmrx2 wrote:
Hey guys,

been a while......Sadly my poor little Maz is sitting in the corner of the shed covered in dust.

House renovations have kicked in full swing so I am looking at a 12 month break from the car while I finish the house and yards off. Planning retaining walls and pizza ovens instead of fuel systems and ride heights......

It will get finished......just going to be later than planned......postponed but not forgotten.....

HEY!! ummmm hello its been more than long enough I think, we have been waiting patiently for you to get back to the build, even if its just cleaning a lens or something small it all helps. Hope to see you back into it again soon!

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2013 4:24 am 

Yep.....it's still buried in the shed somewhere.....all the little shit like polishing, painting etc is done and boxed up ready for assembly. When I drag it out, it will be for a full rub down and respray.....maybe even a colour change.....we'll see.....

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2013 12:10 pm 

Any updates or progress? Hope all is going well.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 06, 2013 4:43 am 

VintageRotaryDecals wrote:

Sadly no updates.....car still sitting in a corner of the shed.....have no real interest in it at the minute and haven't for quite some time.......somedays I think how great it would be to have it finished.....other days I think about selling it as is and using the funds to import a mach green series 1 savanna from Japan.

I did just buy a nice PWR radiator with spal mounts for it, but even that failed to spark any interest in it......

PostPosted: Thu Jun 06, 2013 4:56 pm 

jdmrx2 wrote:

Sadly no updates.....car still sitting in a corner of the shed.....have no real interest in it at the minute and haven't for quite some time.......somedays I think how great it would be to have it finished.....other days I think about selling it as is and using the funds to import a mach green series 1 savanna from Japan.

I did just buy a nice PWR radiator with spal mounts for it, but even that failed to spark any interest in it......

Come on now, you know selling it is out of the question. Look at your avatar pic, I don't think we need to remind you just how rare your little Hershel is here in Oz. for that reason alone or the fact that you've done some outstanding work on it is more than enough to warrant commitment.

Still go for the import, but I'd be swapping the red coupe for the green ya dig! Hope to see you back into it soon. 8)

PostPosted: Fri Jun 07, 2013 3:44 am 

Yeh Come on

I struggled with 2 cars, sold them both. Now doing well, little things can really shit you but there not that bad just keep going.

Get it out and give it a bath.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 07, 2013 11:07 am 

jdmrx2 wrote:

It's ok to take an extended break, and I certainly understand loosing interest when the project doesn't move fast enough for x amount of reasons. BUT don't do something rash, you might regret later, you've done a fantastic job so far, it would be a shame not to see it completed. You inspired me on my project!! Don't give up on her!! just saying

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 16 of 16   [ 310 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16