#
It is currently Sun Nov 23, 2014 1:57 am

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 10 posts ]
 Post subject: Seatbelts in 1300 wagon?
PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2009 9:49 am 
Hello everybody!

I´m a new user here and already has a question!
(my question has nothing to do with that I´m new) :D

Bought a 1300 wagon from my neighbour country Norway and now has some problems with the registration here at home in Sweden. It´s a 74´ and in Norway it didn´t need any seatbelts in the backseat... but as it becomes a Swedish member he must be safer, for some reason :roll:
I´ve seen some pictures (not so good) so I know how they hang, but I think the attachment above the window is some what strange... and theres the problem, I don´t how its originally done?

Would be great if someone could help me out!

I might take some pictures later this week.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2009 11:47 pm 
Administrator

Sorry, I can't help you with the seatbelts but I want to see pics :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2009 5:19 am 

http://japanesenostalgiccar.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1143

At the end of the first page are some pictures of the rear seat belts, since you are new you could have missed that topic ;-)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2009 8:33 am 
Nope, I´ve seen it :D

Buts it´s more tricky than that I´m afraid... as I would guess that that sedan has a nut welded to the body with a thread in it! But mine doesn´t... don´t know if I´m missing something in my car though.

Pictures coming up in a few days, so I hope that explaines it better.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2009 10:26 am 
Lets see if this works for me...
...jepp, sure did!

Took some pictures now this evening. It´s no perfect condition, but has a good potential to become a nice car. Will probably end up with a rotary 12A turbo, but not the "bling"-way ...want it to look like it´s a stock installation.

Otherwise the color might become mazda orginal creamy off-white and maybe the R100 grille, if I one day could afford it :x

So here´s the famous seatbelt attachment I don´t really understand!
Looks like its just to hook something in there :shock:

Hope someone seen something similar.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2009 11:25 pm 
Administrator

That's an awesome wagon. I wish we got those here.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2009 8:12 pm 

Nice little wagon, I just got 1 myself, but its a 1200, not a 1300 and it doesn't have any rear belts, so can't help you out sorry.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 22, 2009 3:48 am 
JNC Fanatic

hey there,

A number of the early Mazda's did get the seatbelt mounts put in on the production line and then fitted according to the country that it was heading too.

My R100 coupe has all the seatbelt mounts but didn't get them in 1969. Australian dealer's did fit the front's in but not the rear. My early STB 1300 wagon like yours also missed out on rear seat belts but does have the holes. Mine does have the threaded captive nut, so maybe the Norway spec car didn't get that welded in. It's a M11 x 1.25mm pitch if you need the size - yes M11 not M10, special seatbelt size.

I'll have a look through my pictures and brochures see if there's a clear picture.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 22, 2009 10:07 am 
BEWARE wrote:
Nice little wagon, I just got 1 myself, but its a 1200, not a 1300 and it doesn't have any rear belts, so can't help you out sorry.

Thanks anyhow! :)

B1500boy wrote:
...My early STB 1300 wagon like yours also missed out on rear seat belts but does have the holes. Mine does have the threaded captive nut, so maybe the Norway spec car didn't get that welded in. It's a M11 x 1.25mm pitch if you need the size - yes M11 not M10, special seatbelt size.

I'll have a look through my pictures and brochures see if there's a clear picture.

Good to hear!
Got a bit concerned when there was just a hole, wasn´t really working in my world! :shock:
Have to ask if the belts in the rear are rolling belts or fixed?

Will be waiting for pictures! :tu:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 23, 2009 10:53 am 
Hello Håkan!
You read between the lines here and saw through my signature! :D
My surname is your second guess, "Målare"

I´m not sure how you mean, but I answer in both possible ways!
As written earlier it isn´t really in that great condition... if you look closely on the pictures you see the left front on the hood have a dull patch. The reason is a small collision who also reshaped the fender (not really visible on these pic.) and other small pieces that´s broken.
It´s only photoshop that made it look good here. :wink:

Otherwise you mean it´s a pity to rebuild an original car as this, and I don´t have an argument aginst that opinion ( :oops: ) other than that my heart belongs to the rotary and that´s the reason I bought the car in the first place. But as far as possible I wan´t to keep the car intact so a rebuild back to orginal won´t be to troublesome... not sure yet what´s legal to be driving on the streets. So nothing settled, but many plans...

skunk wrote:
According to Alla Bilar -74, the Mazda 1300 was available in Sweden as a 4-door sedan or 4-door Station Wagon

Lucky for me then that I bought this from Norway then, when I couldn´t have get one in Sweden (but maybe another modell of year then?)
But I haven´t checked anything around home (that means Sweden, as the world have shrunken a bit!) as I never thought I´d get anywhere just search here. I went to the true source from the beginning! (this place.) :D

I´ll throw out some hooks in Sweden and see what happens :tu:

Thanks for the tip, Håkan!

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 10 posts ]