So the head stopped leaking after I did the main bolts up again, I fished around and found the missing rocker arm nut, checked the carburettor and points, generally lots of little things and it still runs like it is down on power.
So I parked it for a few months and let the rego run out.
Then the other day I started it up to move it and it was like its old self again, lots of power - so much so that I went for an hour long cruise.
And so I sold it last night.
Unfortunately it's still in need of some TLC: it was starting to break out in rust bubbles from being parked outside near the beach, my p6b Rover has really been chewing up my spare time and I have a few other non car things on the go. I can't afford to spring for an engine rebuild at the moment and it was a waste just having it sitting there. I think the new owner is pretty keen to rotorise it and just cruise the thing into the ground, so it might pop up in the Melbourne rotor scene again.
Pity I never got to do any "motorsport" in it, but I did learn that it's far cheaper to buy a car already done than to do it yourself!
occasional blog: http://ewokracing.tumblr.com
Brought to you by me as I search Alta Vista for Geocities webpages using Netscape Navigator while listening to Jam & Spoon.