#
It is currently Sun Apr 20, 2014 7:55 pm

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 3 of 3   [ 53 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 2010 1:17 pm 

So it's eather running too rich/flooding -> fuel dripping from main jets. How's the float level? Got black smoke from exhaust? What colour are the plugs?

Or it's running too lean -> backfire in carb. Is it running better when you pull out the choke?
Could be air leaks (manifold gasket, carb gasket, vac lines, pcv valve shot, brake booster, ...) Have a spray with brake cleaner to see if rpm goes up

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 2010 5:13 pm 
JNC Enthusiast

I've posted in the RX-4 thread on ausrotor, but maybe someone in this thread can help (sorry for the hijack)

Can anyone post up a photo of the heater matrix hoses and how they are routed to the inlet manifold - I need to know for a 1974 929, but I'm assuming that the MA motors have the same sort of setup in 626s. I just need to know where the two hoses from the heater matrix that poke out of the firewall go to (ie one goes to the fitting that screws into the inlet manifold and the other goes to one side of the t piece fitting that also screws into the manifold).

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 2010 9:45 pm 

kv77 wrote:
So it's eather running too rich/flooding -> fuel dripping from main jets. How's the float level? Got black smoke from exhaust? What colour are the plugs?

Or it's running too lean -> backfire in carb. Is it running better when you pull out the choke?
Could be air leaks (manifold gasket, carb gasket, vac lines, pcv valve shot, brake booster, ...) Have a spray with brake cleaner to see if rpm goes up

cheers dude, im going to say rich, stinks really bad of rich fuel. doesnt really need the choke on to start cold, only a slight bit. Black smoke with a good rev.. Also i just changed the plugs, the old ones were black also.

Float level is a little over half way (a little full?)

the engine also sits very high in the engine bay, the bonnet acts as a choke almost i think. there is very little room above the carb, i cant fit any style air filter ive come across

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 2010 11:34 pm 

jager wrote:

cheers dude, im going to say rich, stinks really bad of rich fuel. doesnt really need the choke on to start cold, only a slight bit. Black smoke with a good rev.. Also i just changed the plugs, the old ones were black also.

Float level is a little over half way (a little full?)

the engine also sits very high in the engine bay, the bonnet acts as a choke almost i think. there is very little room above the carb, i cant fit any style air filter ive come across

That MA is a tall engine indeed. Have one myself in a 616, wich originally has the same engine as your B1600, and i had to redrill the engine mounts and loose the plastic spacer between the carb and manifold. The bonnet *just* closes with the standard airfilter on..

Have a carb manual:
http://users.telenet.be/616/Carburetor% ... Manual.pdf

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 13, 2010 3:33 am 

hold the phone! you can run it without the plastic spacer!? this could fix abit..

isnt there vaccum lines on it though? also wont it effect tourqe?
also cheers for the manual dude!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 13, 2010 4:53 am 

There's no vac lines on that spacer. Surely there must be a purpose for the spacer, but my car has been running like a dream without one for over a year now.

Don't know if it affects torque, then again, it's not exactly a racing engine, is it..

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 13, 2010 12:36 pm 

kv77 wrote:
There's no vac lines on that spacer. Surely there must be a purpose for the spacer, but my car has been running like a dream without one for over a year now.

Don't know if it affects torque, then again, it's not exactly a racing engine, is it..

yeah thats true haha, i think the purpose is to reduce heat transfer, also longer intake runners give you more power up high range, shorter runners give you more power down low. dunno if this will effect it though..

i probably shouldnt be posting in someone elses build thread like this haha. but heres a link to my ute anyway.. http://forums.minitruckin.co.nz/viewtop ... =12&t=3708 photo of my old 323 whale tail to

Post subject: 1981 Mazda 626
PostPosted: Wed Apr 14, 2010 7:26 pm 

Hi, I am having trouble with my 81 626 coupe it's running the 2MS motor.
The car is back firing and missing through the rev range but is most noticeable under load, like when driving up a hill.
I suspect that it may be the coil but am not intirely sure.

Post subject: Cache of spare parts for RWD Mazda 626
PostPosted: Mon Nov 15, 2010 7:22 pm 

Last edited by 1981 Mazda 626 on Sun Jul 03, 2011 5:53 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 17, 2010 9:13 pm 

Oh, do you have another project?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 18, 2010 12:29 am 

Last edited by 1981 Mazda 626 on Sun Jul 03, 2011 5:54 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 18, 2010 1:49 am 

Last edited by 1981 Mazda 626 on Sun Jul 03, 2011 5:55 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject: More Mazda 626 RWD spare parts.
PostPosted: Thu Nov 18, 2010 6:35 pm 

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 3 of 3   [ 53 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3