#
It is currently Fri Nov 28, 2014 11:39 am

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 18 posts ]
 Post subject: Brisbane Mazda 1500SS New Pictures of The Beast
PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2009 2:38 am 
Check out the beast below.

I was wondering if anyone could help. My son got a Mazda 1500SS in excellent condition two years ago that had been idle for more than 10 years in an old guys garage. I have rebuilt the brakes, carby, ball joints, steering and new rubber. She goes but very, very smokey, under powered and the plugs foul after an hour or so. Looks like she needs a rebuild. I'm in Brisbane and wondered if anyone know's some Mazda lover who would be interested in rebuilding the engine without costing a fortune. It's my 15 year old son's first car, about to get his L's soon, so he cant be spending a fortune.

Is there someone you would recommend?

Thanks, James.
0405 505 127
Thoght I'd add some pictures of her. Isn't she in great condition.

Last edited by MAZ150 on Sun May 24, 2009 4:57 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2009 4:39 am 
JNC Fanatic

Hi James, check your inbox! We might be able to get together and I can have a look just to make sure there's not a tuning fault. I've seen a lot of those twin carby's set up horribly wrong in the past! :tu:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2009 4:00 am 

Hi James
I think you should join our club as well. We're based in brissy and there is a number of these in the club. Nice original car too, nice start for the young bloke.
Cheers
Marek

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2009 4:10 pm 
Hi Marek,

Thanks for the suggestion, what club are you in and can you provide some contact details? Thanks.

James.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2009 1:23 am 
JNC Fanatic

Sweet indeed James.

I'm thinking too mate, we'll need to get it running right for our show on the 14th of June.

viewtopic.php?t=4451&highlight=

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2009 3:21 am 

looks awesome. :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2009 6:04 am 

wow that is a wicked first car

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2009 4:41 am 

MAZ150 wrote:
Hi Marek,

Thanks for the suggestion, what club are you in and can you provide some contact details? Thanks.

James.

Hi James
Seven of Clubs Mazda Car Club of Qld. I'm the president and B1500boy is the treasurer. So come have a look at our show that we holding on the 14th june at Banyo. Just check out the thread above.
Cheers
Marek

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2009 4:42 pm 
Thanks Marek,

I have seen the seven of clubs website before and didn't think the club was that active as there are old events and results listed. It also seemed to be about rotary's and old Mazda's might be out of place, but there is no doubt B1500boy Tim is into the old stuff. Will the show in June be about rotary's or will it be all forms of Mazda?

James.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2009 5:57 am 

the show is an "All Japanese Day" which as the title suggests cater for all forms of Japanese automotive awesomeness.
From what i hear its going to be really cool 8)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2009 1:47 am 
Hot car man, awesoem to see another 1500 ss thats been kept in mint original condish. I picked one up but in beige in similar condish about 3 months ago. Gone through the process of rebuilding the motor, carbies, brakes, diff everything. Its only done 60 thousand miles but what the hell :)

Anyways great car, your son is a very luck bugger :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2009 1:59 am 

1500RE wrote:
the show is an "All Japanese Day" which as the title suggests cater for all forms of Japanese automotive awesomeness.

Yep and more!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2009 2:01 am 

MAZ150 wrote:
Thanks Marek,

I have seen the seven of clubs website before and didn't think the club was that active as there are old events and results listed. It also seemed to be about rotary's and old Mazda's might be out of place, but there is no doubt B1500boy Tim is into the old stuff. Will the show in June be about rotary's or will it be all forms of Mazda?

James.

Our web page sucks big time we are trying to find someone who is willing to donate some time and know how and redesign our web page so that we Tim and I can update with ease. So there is a challenge for someone out there! :wink: :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2009 2:35 am 
JNC Fanatic

1500RE wrote:

Cool will be an understatement mate! I'm looking forward too as with both Toyota and Mazda celebrating their 50 years in Australia, the more old school the better, the 1960's Mazda and Toyota vehicles on the list so far are frigging awesome.

Ben, time to fly over to Australia mate, I'm guaranteeing as sorts of J-tin wagons too.

Fear not James, I for one certainly fly the Mazda piston flag!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2009 3:52 am 

Very nice looking 1500 that you have there. :tu: :tu:
Come along to the show it should be an awesome day.
I also fly the Mazda Piston Flag very high.
Welcome also to JNC..

Paul...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2009 10:58 pm 
Administrator

B1500boy wrote:

Ben, time to fly over to Australia mate, I'm guaranteeing as sorts of J-tin wagons too.

You know I'd love to! If things go well we may have a bigger budget by the end of the year, fingers crossed ;)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2009 6:35 am 

If you want to part with it, I would be happy to buy it :P

There is another member on ausrotary.com who has recently just had his engine rebuilt and it looks great. http://www.ausrotary.com/viewtopic.php?f=21&t=52976&st=0&sk=t&sd=a&start=200

Alternatively, you can also opt for a another newer engine such as a 626 engine 8)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2009 8:35 am 
BigWillieStyles wrote:
If you want to part with it, I would be happy to buy it :P

There is another member on ausrotary.com who has recently just had his engine rebuilt and it looks great. http://www.ausrotary.com/viewtopic.php?f=21&t=52976&st=0&sk=t&sd=a&start=200

Alternatively, you can also opt for a another newer engine such as a 626 engine 8)

Beautiful car mate, and great to see another A6 early SS kept in awesome condition. Bigwilliestyles is talking about me, i have just completed a complete rebuild of my engine. new carbies, new ignition system, radiator, hoses, clutch and brake masters, you name it, its new. anyway heres a few pics to get you inspired :) btw, if you find that your motor is still smokey. It most likely will be a good candidate for a freshen up. mine had been sitting for 11 years before i bought it and when i pulled the head off the motor, all the coolant ports were blocked and old oil had gunked up on everything. the piston rings got brittle and perished in my hands when i pulled the pistons out. anyways best of luck. if you have any questions, or need any parts along the way i may have some and will be happy to help :)

regards
Isaac in south oz :)
ImageImageImageImage

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 18 posts ]