#
It is currently Fri Apr 18, 2014 1:58 am

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 3   [ 45 posts ]
Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
 Post subject: 1964 Mazda B1500 Utility - Fish Feathers here!
PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2008 3:07 pm 
JNC Fanatic

After many months of heartache and money, my new new rocket finally arrived, yah!!!

This is a BUB61 series 2 B1500 ute still sporting the factory tray. To give you an idea of it's rarity here, only 5 were sold with their factory styleside trays, the other 70 odd got converted to the flatbed/dropside trays.

It's pains me to say it but this may be the last one left of it's kind over here and I haven't found any yet over in the homeland, so I hope someone can prove me wrong here!

This ute sold along side the Mazda Carol 600 and were the first Mazda's to be sold on the eastern seaboard officially. It was a gamble that paid off as both of the models sold like hotcakes. After the success, Westco motors signed up to sell Mazda's and the rest is history as they say!

It still needs some work but all the main parts are there as you can see

Anyhow, enjoy!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2008 9:57 pm 
Administrator

That is incredible!! Mucho congrats on finding a true rarity. :shock:

Can't say that I've seen one in Japan either, but I also hope to be proven wrong.

Next thing I know you'll be posting pics of a T2000! :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2008 1:50 am 

Congrats on finally getting a bit of real BBEEEEE in the driveway Timbo, hopefully the 9 month wait was all worth the headache and heartache.

This is one very very rare car, lets all give Timbo the support to have it on the street as soon as possible.

:tu: :tu: :tu:

Paulie...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2008 7:57 am 

That is impossibly cool!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2008 10:46 am 

Thanks for sharing,Ive never seen any of those befor.
J

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2008 4:28 am 
JNC Fanatic

Thanks very the kind words gang! Yeah, I never thought I would own it, just hope there's a couple left somewhere. My concern is not finding any so far in Japan. This early model was the only one badged as a 'B1500" before they were renamed the "Proceed" when the more common BUD61 series was released in October 1966 japan time.

I do have two of the modified versions, but I'll only get make one out of two, with whats left of them. Will be nice to have it all together for Mazda's 50th anniversary next year here in Australia. I'm hoping they're planning something big!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2008 11:14 am 
You are so lucky!!! A real piece of Mazda history. Never seen it from behind. Its in very very good condition. I think that mazdajon from the japanese restorer magazine was trying to restore one. More pictures please.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2008 11:34 am 

That will look amazing and oh to have that Mazda badge :tu:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2008 6:28 am 

might have to start work on that museum now timbo or they'll start to rot.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2008 9:19 am 
Administrator

Your Maz has caught the eye of someone in Japan :)
http://mizma-g.cocolog-nifty.com/blog/2 ... _a55c.html

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 13, 2008 10:08 pm 
JNC Fanatic

Hi gang, just a update of recent work, the brake system had locked itself on so taking it apart to get that right. At the same time taking some of 45 years of road grime off the front end. I'm just giving a quick treatment before the Japanese car show here in about three weeks. She'll get more work after that when there's more time. I will be getting it onto the road.

With a straight grille and the cab polished up. Couldn't help myself with the separate MAZDA letters!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2008 5:19 am 

Fantastic looking little ute man!

Thanks to ben, who found your ute mentioned on the blog site that I mentioned because it mentioned my car :shock: (that's a mouthful)

Good to see another 60's rare Japanese vehicle being taken car off.

If you would like, I am writing another email (likely one of many) to the owner of the blog site mentioned by ben above, I could ask him about your ute and whether he's seen many or any for sale over there.

He told me he had never seen a car like mine in the time he'd spent interested in classic cars, I imagine the story would be similar with yours.

Oh, and hurrah for 6stud 4 wheel drums! ;) :mrgreen:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2008 4:17 am 
JNC Fanatic

kyteler wrote:
Fantastic looking little ute man!

Thanks to ben, who found your ute mentioned on the blog site that I mentioned because it mentioned my car :shock: (that's a mouthful)

Good to see another 60's rare Japanese vehicle being taken car off.

If you would like, I am writing another email (likely one of many) to the owner of the blog site mentioned by ben above, I could ask him about your ute and whether he's seen many or any for sale over there.

He told me he had never seen a car like mine in the time he'd spent interested in classic cars, I imagine the story would be similar with yours.

Oh, and hurrah for 6stud 4 wheel drums! ;) :mrgreen:

Thanks that would be great if you could, I'd just like to find one in Japan, doesn't have to be for sale. Just like to know another one exists somewhere but my back yard!! It seems all other Mazda's from the same era are covered except the B1500 (Carol, 360's, T2000's, T600 etc)

I'm quite surprised as it doesn't stop too bad all things considered. It runs a single line master cylinder as well so you really have to push on the brake pedal. Did you know that it is the same 6 stud pattern Mazda used until modern times, rims off a friends 2003 B series fit on and are basically the same offset!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2008 11:31 pm 

I actually have some photos or have seen some on the net of a few getting around japan.There still is a few out there man.
I have 1 GIG (5000 files) of Mazda photos so ill search through and see if I can find any lol.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2008 5:31 am 
JNC Fanatic

Sweet Tally, that would be great with a few photos of the B1500, need a few for the photo board!! :tu: :tu: :tu:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 20, 2008 9:36 am 
Congratulations!!
That is impossibly cool!Many thanks that you showed me.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2008 11:00 pm 

that is such a mean ute man would be sooo rare first ive ever seen anyway.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 03, 2008 8:51 pm 
JNC Fanatic

Here's a couple of photo's of the old girl ready for the all Japanese car show over here Sunday 5th October. Shite load of work involved to get to this point!

Last edited by B1500boy on Sat Dec 13, 2008 4:17 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 04, 2008 2:32 am 

Awesome looking job Timbo, loking forward to seeing it @ the Jap show tomorrow.

:tu: :tu: :tu: :tu:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 04, 2008 7:21 am 

Thats mint as Timbo, cant wait to see it at the show. now you just have to do it to the other 49 mazdas for your museum. 8)

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 3   [ 45 posts ]
Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next