#
It is currently Thu Jul 02, 2015 9:35 am

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 5 posts ]
 Post subject: VEKST fc3s build
PostPosted: Tue Feb 03, 2015 10:30 am 

Hello JNC forum. My name is Co I am a new member here and I thought I would share my build and hopefully contribute to the forum in one way or another. I am a graphic artist who is interested in pre 1930’s motorcycles as well as Japanese art, architecture, culture, cuisine and of course cars.

Over the past five years I have been building replica board track racer motorcycle that have been feature on many websites and now I think I am ready to tackle my FC3S project. I have owned the car for over 10 year now and for most of that time the car has sat dormant only to be driven a few time a year.

As of right now I am in the 4th month of the build and I have only made a small dent in what I have planned for the car. I just finished the new radiator, intercooler, oil cooler setup so the next phase of the project is to remove unwanted items and clean up the wiring.

Below you will find some photos of my progress thus far and a concept illustration of what the final product will look like. I am trying to stay away from what people have done in the past with the FC chassis and do something original inspired by classic Japanese car culture. The car will be used for a weekend driver and autocrosser. But most of all its about inspiring others, having fun and enjoying the fruits of your labor.

I hope you all will enjoy this build,
Co aka VEKST

If you want a better look at these photos please visit my blog
vekst.tumblr.com

Post subject: Re: VEKST fc3s build
PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2015 7:43 am 

I'm sure this concept will be forever evolving but currently I am considering the idea of rear window louvers. I think if done properly it could look really cool. Any thoughts?

PostPosted: Sat Feb 07, 2015 9:33 am 

I'm not really fan of louvers on curved windows, but this was an option when FCs were new:

Maybe if you used fewer levels like in your drawing it would look better..

PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2015 5:03 am 

Thanks for the input j_tso. Generally I agree with you however I stumbled upon the Item B fc the other day and I was really inspired. I think if I cut the number of louver by half and paint only the louver part to match the car such as in my illustration it could look really neat. I'm really trying to do something out of the ordinary with this build.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2015 7:43 am 

Hi friends,
The temperatures here have been in the negatives the past few weeks which means I have been avoiding the garage against my will. I have been trying to find things to do that don’t require much manual dexterity so I have managed to get the interior stripped and make the oil cooler lines. I have also discovered that if you hit the sound deadening material with a rubber mallet in negative temperatures it pops right off…. I mean literally pops in off in large chunks, I had the whole back half of the car done in less that a half hour. The only areas that I had any trouble with was anything close to the exhaust which makes sense. As you can see from the photos I go 2.5 shopping bags full of the stuff. The next task on my list is to cleanup the wiring and remove anything that isn’t necessary for the basic functions of the vehicle.

I know this build is going against what most of you would do with a classic vehicle but I hope you can appreciate it when it’s done.

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 5 posts ]