#
It is currently Fri Nov 21, 2014 5:15 pm

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 7 posts ]
 Post subject: '76 Ford Couriers. (Mazda B1800/REPU)
PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2014 7:34 pm 

Heya guys. Love what some of you are doing on this forum. There's some real talent and some amazing rides among these pages.

Like all of you I love JNC but I also love other cars too. So in addition to my 1980 Porsche 924 Turbo and my restoration project 1972 Datsun 240Z I've just added a pair of Ford Couriers. As I'm sure most of you know these were produced by Toyo Kogyo in Japan alongside the Mazda B-series trucks and the ridiculously awesome REPU. Both of my trucks came as a package deal with the slightly newer white one being a running driving truck and the orange one with an odd engine swap. Price for both was $1000.00 Canadian.

I'm thrilled to own these and to have another technically JNC in my life.

Here's some pics! Cause every one loves pics.

These were taken at 10pm after we picked up the running truck which, at that moment didn't run... It blew a fuse for the fuel pump and I ran the float bowl dry trying to get it back on the test drive. I would have swapped the fuse on the test drive but I didn't know it was an electric pump.

[imghttp://i.imgur.com/K4FlV5fl.jpg[/img]

The weekend after we picked up the second truck which absolutely was not a runner. I probably could get it going but... I'm not sure I want to get the 2.8L Mustang II engine running again. The two engines that top my list to swap in are the 13B rotary and make it a REPUesk truck or the Ford 2.3L Turbo that the SVO Mustang and Merkur XR4Ti made popular in the 80's.

That's the last of them. Currently I'm waiting on some parts to come in and I'm going to give the engine a full scale tune up. I also need to add a tach because not knowing where the engine is spinning feels just wrong. Finally because the original bench seat is shredded it's going to get some cheap race buckets.

I'll post up more pictures of the orange truck when I get back around to the farm.

Thanks for reading.

Post subject: Re: '76 Ford Couriers. (Mazda B1800/REPU)
PostPosted: Sat Aug 16, 2014 8:49 pm 

Here's a couple pictures of the 2.8L Cologne engine that was swapped in from a Mustang II by the previous owners Father back in the day. I think maybe a 13B rotary would sit in there better though right?

PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2014 7:06 pm 

Very cool,I love these things.Would be cool to see a rotary swap in at least one of the two.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2014 1:41 am 

ratmaz wrote:
Very cool,I love these things.Would be cool to see a rotary swap in at least one of the two.

Agreed :D

PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2014 5:38 am 

wow ford really ruined the front of that b1600 :shock: It looks like a cortina thats just had some bad news.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2014 1:08 pm 

Awww, I don't think that's totally fair. Ford designed the grill within the confines of a truck that they contracted and did so to match the F-series trucks of the time as seen below.

Also which B1600 front do you mean? Because the Tri-bar grill I'll admit is far nicer to look at but the "Norelco shaver" style is just not.

Yes please!

Not for me.

Really though, the be all and end all of grilles for these trucks is the REPU. Burley, distinctive and just perfect.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2014 4:38 am 

I cant decide between the two now? but yeah the REPU certainly has the best grille.

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 7 posts ]