#
It is currently Fri Oct 24, 2014 9:52 am

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 2 of 2   [ 36 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Post subject: Re: My herschel '71 Rx2 sedan
PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2014 3:45 pm 

Some crappy phone Pics down Pyrmont way. Nice area for some night snaps and will be back with the decent camera for sure!

found me some V5 simmons for that 90's Aus spec look.

Got coilovers sorted for the front and sits much nicer and rides great.. can get alot more low too!

New look. What do you think?

PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2014 4:40 pm 

Much better! :tu: :D

PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2014 6:34 pm 

What a beauty!! 8) - and even more so sitting on those steelies...
Love that flawless orange paintjob. Very 70's.

Best Regards,
Anders.

JDM '77 Toyota Trueno Sprinter 1600GT (TE61)
+ a handful of classic BMW's from the 60's and 70's.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2014 10:21 pm 

Appreciate the feedback

The steelies came out great but the bridgy wants to melt the 165s anychance it can get so we'll see how long they stay on for. Was also thinking of sourcing a sunvisor to complete the grandpa stocker look too

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2014 8:20 am 

Wow, great color, and a very tight package indeed. You guys down under are blessed to have an assortment of wheels for the 4x110 bolt pattern. I was forced into going with rewinds. I would love to see some shots of the interior with the recaros.
Do you have a link to a build thread anywhere?
Also, how difficult/rare are the taillight panels to find? I love how it sets off the cars rump.
Careful putting a visor on, the next thing you'll be getting will be some polished 18's . :mrgreen:
You can't help it, It's in your blood.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2014 9:26 am 

I'm Liking the Rx2 keep up the great work!

Wondering what you have done coil over wise. i'm very interested in getting Coilovers on my Rx2 ^_^

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2014 11:18 am 

graveltrapp wrote:
Wow, great color, and a very tight package indeed. You guys down under are blessed to have an assortment of wheels for the 4x110 bolt pattern.

We are lucky in Oz rim wise, but this car has had a 5 stud conversion performed THEN, the range is almost endless! :D

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2014 9:20 pm 

graveltrapp wrote:
Wow, great color, and a very tight package indeed. You guys down under are blessed to have an assortment of wheels for the 4x110 bolt pattern. I was forced into going with rewinds. I would love to see some shots of the interior with the recaros.

I wouldn't say blessed with choices.....we have the usuals like Simmons, Performance, Speedy etc, but if you want something different, you need to look overseas and import them yourself! As has been mentioned though, George has 5x114.3, which makes things a lot easier!

Looking good on the steelies George......now sack it, surely you can go lower with them tucking in like that!?!?

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2014 3:04 pm 

89Rotary wrote:

Wondering what you have done coil over wise. I'm very interested in getting Coilovers on my Rx2 ^_^

Thanks mate. I had a local shop who distributes K-Sport gear replace the strut leg with a threaded insert in order to get independent adjustablility for ride height and spring pre-load. this also means at any ride height I can still maintain full travel which means no more bouncing off the bump stops :lol:

Correct I changed the PCD when I upgraded my differential and brakes as wheel choice was limited and every combination of wheel had been exhausted on the old Mazdas here in Sydney so the BBS wheels came up for sale at a steal and decided to open up my options.

The steelies did come up well especially since they are off an EL Falcon - was hard to find anything that'll clear the brakes but look similar to the stock 13's. Finding 165/65/15's wasn't exactly easy either but needed them skinny to get that stocker look.

Michael I can get my guard to sit flush with the rim lip on the BBS wheels and then some! Only issue is the massive centre muffler I've got to tame the angry motor is sitting 50mm off the ground at this height. Might chop it out and get mooaarrr low!

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2014 3:28 pm 

koka90 wrote:
89Rotary wrote:

Wondering what you have done coil over wise. I'm very interested in getting Coilovers on my Rx2 ^_^

Thanks mate. I had a local shop who distributes K-Sport gear replace the strut leg with a threaded insert in order to get independent adjustablility for ride height and spring pre-load. this also means at any ride height I can still maintain full travel which means no more bouncing off the bump stops :lol:

Correct I changed the PCD when I upgraded my differential and brakes as wheel choice was limited and every combination of wheel had been exhausted on the old Mazdas here in Sydney so the BBS wheels came up for sale at a steal and decided to open up my options.

The steelies did come up well especially since they are off an EL Falcon - was hard to find anything that'll clear the brakes but look similar to the stock 13's. Finding 165/65/15's wasn't exactly easy either but needed them skinny to get that stocker look.

Michael I can get my guard to sit flush with the rim lip on the BBS wheels and then some! Only issue is the massive centre muffler I've got to tame the angry motor is sitting 50mm off the ground at this height. Might chop it out and get mooaarrr low!

oh wow, sounds like they ride amazing! i've got K'Sport Kontrol Plus Coils on my FC3S and i love how it rides. hmmmmm really tempting to try and find a way to get the same thing for my Rx2. Think that same shop would do it again? lol

PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2014 12:16 am 

Yeah I really happy with the result. I think they would but in all fairness I think postage would add up as you'd need to send them your bare struts and they'd have to ship them back and they can weigh a bit. If you want pm me and I'll send through their details.

On a side note - upgraded fuel system is on it's way and will be tuning to E85 on the NA bridgy. Target is about 260rwhp :twisted:

PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2014 6:19 am 

koka90 wrote:
Yeah I really happy with the result. I think they would but in all fairness I think postage would add up as you'd need to send them your bare struts and they'd have to ship them back and they can weigh a bit. If you want pm me and I'll send through their details.

On a side note - upgraded fuel system is on it's way and will be tuning to E85 on the NA bridgy. Target is about 260rwhp :twisted:

hmmm... wondering if i could have a local company here do the same thing? here in Utah we have a company "RaceLand" they make coilovers, wonder if they could moddify some to work..... might have to give them a visit.

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2014 1:29 am 

Pic from the other night's cruise down to the gong - had to show some mazda love!

Also held off going down the turbo route for now... just picked these up to squeeze the most I can out it as NA. Gona stick it to the Evo crowd soon enough :twisted:

PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2014 5:40 am 

89Rotary wrote:
koka90 wrote:

hmmm... wondering if i could have a local company here do the same thing? here in Utah we have a company "RaceLand" they make coilovers, wonder if they could moddify some to work..... might have to give them a visit.

Sorry to hijack, or add my 3 cents. I had a coil over set up (thread, locknuts and springs) added to the original struts for my wagon with a new koni insert and new pillowball then the adjustable camber top plate. If you have a local shop that does this kind of work it really is not a difficult thing to do. Your other option is rx7 s2 front struts and change the top plate for your rx2 one, keep the discs too and you will have vented front discs that fit under 13" rims.

Coil overs are great for adjustment and yes you can keep plenty of travel, but the cars only go so far before the bump stops hit chassis rails. If you like your car low then you limit the amount of travel possible even when you cut down the bump stops. 8) but I am sure you know this, just trying to help.

anyhow the car is looking wicked and that quad throttle body is ballin. Looking forward to seeing it fitted. :tu: cheers beans.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2014 7:06 pm 

Almost ready to hit the street again. Quick dyno run to see if the new setup is going to make power and was pulling 200hp @ 6500rpm very safely. As a comparison the IDA setup pulled a comfortable 210hp @ 9krpm although had more in it.

Decided to upgrade the ecu with e85 sensor to adjust the tune on the fly so will have final results within the week.

Post subject: Re: My herschel '71 Rx2 sedan - Quad throttle body update!
PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2014 1:23 am 

Quads went in and pulled great power - 240hp atw on pump 98!

Since these performed so well I decided to get my hands on one of the last Xtreme rotaries quad throttles to see if we can squeeze that little bit more out of the motor.

We are back to 240hp on the xtreme with room to move but a pressure plate bolt decided to wiggle loose on the dyno so box needs to come out and hopefully hasn't caused damage :oops:

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 2 of 2   [ 36 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1, 2