#
It is currently Mon Oct 20, 2014 5:56 pm

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 12 of 12   [ 229 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12
 Post subject: Re: Building my rx3 and housing it..
PostPosted: Sat Jul 19, 2014 1:48 am 

I too like the idea of the stipe, one idea pops to mind is that lower mazda decal that gets used alot these days with the rotary symbol on it. But instead of doing the decals in white as it would be loud on the blue, I'm thinking it could buying/making a negative and spraying on that plasydip or what ever the shits called on (peel off liquid sticker shit) and do it in black and because its transparent it would look like a shadow giving it a slightly darker blue/however many coats ya do. Would break up the paint and be nice and subtle not over powering like white would be, same with the upper stripe.

If it looked shit, peel off 8)

PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2014 3:12 am 

Buzz3n wrote:
This looks fucking awesome man! Makes me wanna add my fender mirrors when I get home.

Ps this builds taking ages, put the clutch in and change into 5th gear already :lol:

Yeah it is taking a while huh, but when your just an average joe building from pay packet to pay packet I feel like I'm going as fast as I can afford. :?

I like the stripe idea, cheers :tu: thanks for the positive comments from everyone.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2014 5:26 pm 
JNC Enthusiast

I'd probably do the stripes in a dulled down red. Personally I wouldn't bother with fitting lower stripes, I think they look odd on 4 doors but that's my taste.

So what's holding you firing it up ? The engine, box and radiator are in , wiring looks mostly done. Looks like a weekends worth of work. If you went for a concrete back yard painted green imagine all the extra time you'd have saved, low maintenance as well :)

PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2014 7:49 pm 

Cheers Guys, basically the hold up is a lack of immediately available funding, but that said I have a pretty lengthy list of little jobs to get done prior to a test fire however things are happening and the car is looking more finished than ever.

No lower stripe I'm not into them on a wagon. If I do one at all it will be like factory or just a smaller/thinner version of a factory stripe. My thoughts were a light silver or white for the stripe as I want the body to look as close to original as possible.

Received a call and went to collect my diff. Stoked on the finished product. One note to add, after trial fitting I will rotate the calliper from the 10o'clock position to the 2 o'clock position to allow for easier hand brake cable fitment and clearance.

As previously mentioned its a R31 shkyline/borg warner with slotted discs
mazda 4x110 stud pattern and shortened to the standard 808/rx3 wagon length. Kaaz 2 way LSD 4:11 centre. Enough chatter roll out the pics

I had to make a small spacer for the Leaf locating pin as it too tall for the diff feet. Once installed you would barely notice what I did.

Stoked to see the wags on its feet again, yes this was just for the pic and to check clearances but a great moment in the build to see it starting to take shape.

Major items stopping a test start is fuel system, more on this soon. Oh and an exhaust. Engine bay requires a few things ie wire up starter, coil packs, alternator, plugs and fittings for wiring looms and clutch hydraulic lines and new injectors that have a resistance of 8ohms or over to be combatible with my Haltech sprint RE rather than run external resistance. Tail shaft is another of those oh yeah need that too. It feels close then when you look close there is a bit to do.

other things to do, brake lines, fitting brake bias adjuster and line lock solenoid to rear brake line. 8) Test wiring and looms, fit head and tail lights and test etc

apart from that its then onto the interior and final chroming of bumpers and a few tid bits. When I sat down to write a to do list I hit a page full easy but allot are small jobs that can be done in one hit when in action. My sights are set for a summer test run but not going to stress if I don't make it. Locally we have a All Japan Day and I'd love to make an appearance at the next one in my car rather than just spectating. Thats the goal set.. lets see how I go. :shock:

Missing: 1 x 808/Rx3 wagon petrol flap complete (no lock req.) If you know of one please let me know! It appears I no longer have one or misplaced mine. yet to be confirmed.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2014 7:10 am 

man, limited slip and discs... mmmmm thats gonna lead to some fun! looking good!

PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2014 12:01 am 

89Rotary wrote:
man, limited slip and discs... mmmmm thats gonna lead to some fun! looking good!

Cheers :tu: the aim for the diff, suspension and brakes was a good strong reliable combo. I'm pretty happy so far.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 27, 2014 4:12 am 

Update: Rear Shocks arrived and finally installed. According to the workshop manager that supplied them they were a tricky find but in the end I am very happy they did the ground work and found a suitable replacement. I managed to end up with adjustable koni's all round rather than mix match.
You will notice the difference in size compared to the ones that were in it.

Prepping for install. the top plates go on then they bolt to the chassis too easy! 5 to 10 mins to install but takes 15 to 20 when you going slow trying not to scratch or dent or damage stuff. 8)
rear end is coming together now. looks fat.

If you have a keen eye you would notice no fuel tank. I dropped it out for the first time ever! it had roughly 9 litres of 5-7 year old stale fuel in it. it was relatively clean above the tank which is a further reminder of how the car was treated through its life which to me was pretty good!

top of the tank foam is still white! and under the rear floor is dust and dirt free looks like new. I then gave it two coats of satin black paint like the rest of the under body as seen above.

I will have allot more on the fuel tank and system when it is in my hands so I can supply pics but for now its being made and basically its a custom tank with pumps and surge tank mounted internally. This means although new it doesn't require the all to common surge tank in the tailgate area etc keeping the whole setup allot neater and user friendly. :tu:
Cheers.

Last edited by beans161 on Wed Oct 15, 2014 10:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 02, 2014 2:50 am 

:tu:

PostPosted: Sat Oct 04, 2014 6:23 am 

Cheers Mo! I've been meaning to ask you if you had an 808 wags fuel door/flap and for a couple of odd old rx hubbies for my shed wall as I saw your post selling a few sets. :mrgreen:

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 12 of 12   [ 229 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12