#
It is currently Tue Nov 25, 2014 10:19 pm

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 7 posts ]
 Post subject: RX7 GSL-SE Questions.
PostPosted: Sat Mar 12, 2011 2:50 pm 
I picked up an RX7 recently. No title. Here, I can basically do one of two things: Wait a year for the lost tile business or part it out. I heard these GSL-SE models were kind of rare, figured I might be able to make more money off the parts. When I look stuff up on eBay, I can't manage to sift through all the after market parts to find what manufacturer parts go for. The car is in pretty good shape and running, don't know what I should do exactly.

Anybody here have any thoughts/opinions?

Post subject: Re: RX7 GSL-SE Questions.
PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2011 10:29 am 

Robertblake wrote:
I picked up an RX7 recently. No title. Here, I can basically do one of two things: Wait a year for the lost tile business or part it out. I heard these GSL-SE models were kind of rare, figured I might be able to make more money off the parts. When I look stuff up on eBay, I can't manage to sift through all the after market parts to find what manufacturer parts go for. The car is in pretty good shape and running, don't know what I should do exactly.

Anybody here have any thoughts/opinions?

Well it depends on the condition and what has been done to it. Do you have any pics you can post?

Clean, original first generation RX-7's are starting to become more and more rare. Most of the RX-7's made were driven hard, turned into race cars, wrecked or have had some dubious mods done to them over the years.

The cars that have had more use or harder life are going cheap. Clean examples are slowly starting to rise in value. The GSL-SE was made available during the 1984-1985 model years. I wouldn't exactly call them rare but they are less common since they were the top of the range and only available for 2 model years.

Here is an example of a pristine lower trim line...

http://japanesenostalgiccar.com/2008/12 ... azda-rx-7/

1985 Mazda RX-7 GSL

http://www.themotoringenthusiastjournal.com
http://www.facebook.com/TheMotoringEnthusiastJournal

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2011 11:39 am 

if you tick the box which says "Used" in the Condition section of the ebay parts finder it filters out all the crappy aftermarket junk and displays all the second hand genuine bits.

I agree with SevenHeaven, first gen RX-7s aren't getting any cheaper. there are members here and elsewhere who could give you a rough appraisal based on photos; if you have the patience and if the car is still in alright condition you could wait one year for the title to clear and make it yours. Not sure what the market's like in America but tidy examples in New Zealand go for well over $10k (our money) and people have even started importing them from the UK, America, Europe etc.

with that said, if you do part it out, i'm after a complete rear interior (everything rearwards of the front seats) provided it's the right colour, the challenge is getting it all to NZ :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2011 1:13 pm 
Mild Cam

Prices for RX-7s in general are getting "up there." Every one of my friends thinks I'm insane for how much I paid for mine, but clean examples are are hard to find - all of my buddies wrapped them around trees, phone poles, and other immovable objects when we were in high school, after installing multifit alloys and an aluminum rear wing. They were cheap and as a result they got ruined. You just can't find them anymore, and if you do, it's going to cost you.

1988 Mazda RX-7
Ex-JNCs: 1980 Datsun 510, 1979 Mazda RX-7, 1986 Mazda RX-7, 1992 Mazda Miata

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2011 1:16 pm 
I can't get any pictures right now, still waiting for my camera to get back from repairs.

The car has a lot of miles on it, over 200. It's had a little damage to the back. From what I can see, it's bone stock. The interior is a kind of crush light blue, yuck.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2011 1:28 pm 
Mild Cam

Robertblake wrote:
The interior is a kind of crush light blue, yuck.

*flexes muscles*

You got a problem with '80s light blue, brother? :lol:

1988 Mazda RX-7
Ex-JNCs: 1980 Datsun 510, 1979 Mazda RX-7, 1986 Mazda RX-7, 1992 Mazda Miata

Post subject: Re: RX7 GSL-SE Questions.
PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2011 7:47 am 

Heres whats going down in australia atm. couple of months ago u could pick them up cheap but there slowly rising...
http://www.carsales.com.au/all-cars/res ... l_String|0

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 7 posts ]