Ok, have been meaning to create a thread on here for a good while.
Now that it looks like my PC at work here is going to take a few hours to process some stuff for me I have some free time to do a write up.
The story so far...
I bought a 1000 ute from a friends Grandfather a while ago now and have been using it for weekend errands. Unfortunately though it really struggled on the hills with the original driveline.
So I then kept an eye out for various parts to get it moving at a decent pace, picking them up as I found them. The list so far
- Older style Recaro bucket seats, small enough to look normal in the ute cabin. I gave away the bench seat to another 1000 ute owner.
- Black Nardi steering wheel & boss kit to suit, it was brand new, genuine and cheap, hard to say no.
- 12A RX-7 Series 3 engine
- A couple Series 1 RX-7 gearboxes
- Ute diff converted to Mazda 4 stud 4x110
- Cross drilled and slotted brake rotors with camira calipers (installed)
- Rubber kit complete
- Various interior spares
- Dash Mat, to cover the cracks for the time being
- Set of 14" wheels
- Spare tailgate to replace my rusty one, may just fix them both and have a spare
I had a spare saturday a few weeks ago and pulled original motor and box out ready for the upgrade, which is where the ute currently stands.
Should be able to plough ahead with things in the next couple months as I finally look to have some free time up my sleeve.
Initially getting the driveline in and sorted for a while, then pulling it all done for panel & paint. With the plan to make it a neat & tidy weekender. Black wheels with either white paint or one of the RX-3 original colours.
https://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/4 ... directlink
I know I know, need more pics, will get onto it.
Will see if I can get the ute ready for the All Japanese Car Show mid year. If not I will bring my FD Spirit R Type A, or both cars.
Also if anyone would like a PDF copy of the 1000 Ute owners manual or a 1000/1200 ute Spec sheet let me know.