#
It is currently Fri Dec 19, 2014 6:41 am

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 4 posts ]
 Post subject: Looking at getting this 323 wagon for my first car......
PostPosted: Sun Aug 15, 2010 11:56 pm 

Looking at getting this 323 wagon for my first car, can you guys give me some advice? Just looking at the pictures what do you think? Also is there any main problem areas? and how are the 1500s in these?

http://www.trademe.co.nz/Trade-Me-Motor ... 700432.htm

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 16, 2010 12:48 am 
JNC Fanatic

Mate, looks to be a pretty neat example.

I've had a few problems with corrosion in the cylinder head in the D5 1500cc but most of those problems were from lack of maintenance and lack of coolant!!

I had one a few years back as a daily driver and really had no major worries.

Rust wise, check around the firewall with the bonnet up(near the build plates), a common place for most of the RWD 323's as the water drains in the wiper motor area were small and blocked easily, causing water to sit and rust away. I'm finding now the lower front pillars near the kickpanels is a bad place for rust - found some where there's not a lot holding the doors on! Any old Mazda check for wet carpets and the floors, had problems there.

One thing I always take with me is a magnet when looking at a old Mazda, quite a few over here end up being filled with bog and not fixed properly and the magnet never lies!! Metal good, bog bad!

Cheers Timbo

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 16, 2010 3:15 pm 

Thanks for the response,

Good to know just maintainace is they key, how easy are later model engine conversions like B5 series motors and such if it does go?

I will ask for a heap more pictures, unfortunatly I would have to fly down to pick it up its in Christchurch and im in Auckland(2-3 day road trip).

At the moment I only have $900 but I am looking for a job, hopefully I can get this one or one similar as the other one I was looking at was $3500!!

Is $2000 a good price to pay? I cant see anything wrong from the current pictures but that doesnt mean much.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 18, 2010 10:26 pm 

NOOOO!!!

The auction was removed by the seller. Must have sold :cry:

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 4 posts ]