#
It is currently Mon Dec 22, 2014 3:00 pm

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 11 posts ]
 Post subject: 1970 L10B question about wheels
PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2010 7:55 am 

so.. been looking for an L10b for a while. there is one available in my price range right now. trying to strike a deal.

anyway... on to my question.

does anyone know what the bolt pattern is? im expecting to hear 4x110 but im hoping to hear 4x114

thanks.

hopefully soon i can post pics of the car in my driveway.

Post subject: Re: 1970 L10B question about wheels
PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2010 8:59 pm 

derek wrote:
so.. been looking for an L10b for a while. there is one available in my price range right now. trying to strike a deal.

anyway... on to my question.

does anyone know what the bolt pattern is? im expecting to hear 4x110 but im hoping to hear 4x114

thanks.

Derek after you get her I would like to here the story of where she came from and how you managed to pull it off but only once done I know of a few in the US right now. You need to look up Glenn Roberts in Arizona

www.finishingtouchaz.com/home2.html this is his shop he is the expert in the US on Cosmo 110s and you need to know him, if it is ever damaged this is the only person I would trust to fix it. He has restored 2 has a stash of parts and is trusted by MAZDA to repair and fix their 2 110s that they have. He can answer your questions let him know I referred you. Also if you are really into getting a rotary I don't know if you already have one or not..... There is a very big Mazda show in Irvine at the Mazda Headquarters mid Sept there will be in excess of 500 cars there from all years look up sevenstock.org hope to see you there

DAVE Meditz (San Antonio Texas)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 15, 2010 8:30 am 

thanks

yes i know of glen but i have never met him. i know monte out of idaho with an old cosmo and he and glen are good friends i believe.

i have owned rotary powered cars for a decade now, but never a 10a powered car.

i also know about 7stock but have never been. always busy with something else but i think i will make it there this year.

thanks for the help

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 15, 2010 9:25 am 

Then we should probably become good friends as well. My wife is from SLC we get back there every now and then. Both Monte and Glenn are good friends of mine. Feel free to contact me via email anytime we have about 60 or so mazdas near San Antonio I recently posted an Introduction thread have a look. I don't have a 110s yet but am working on it. Had chances at both the ones Monte had prior to him getting them and the one Leno has now, just couldn't pull together the resources fast enough missed the best one of the bunch though that eventually went to Mazda by about 30 minutes, this was one of the 2 original curtis wright cars and there was about 1/2 container of spare parts with it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 15, 2010 12:21 pm 

yeah glen has a way with being in the right place at the right time..

maybe i can schedule a trip this summer. come to your shop, check out the goods then swing west and visit glen on the way to 7stock then follow monty back home

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 15, 2010 4:41 pm 

The wheels are 4x120 on my 10A and I have seen 10B wheels on a 10A which makes me think they are the same, only 15 inch on the 10B instead of the 14 inch on the 10A.
There should be 2 10B cars at Sevenstock, 1 is already there and another is going to be driven from Seattle, and Mazda Canada may have their car as well for a total of 3 unless Leno shows up and there will be 4!
Mazda will have their 10A car and mine might be there as well if its finished being sorted out.
That would be the largest gathering in the USA!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 15, 2010 6:26 pm 

See always good reasons to go to sevenstock. Thanks for chiming in there with the info my friend

Post subject: Re: 1970 L10B question about wheels
PostPosted: Wed Jun 16, 2010 12:09 am 

derek wrote:

Really looking forward to the pics Derek.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 16, 2010 8:51 pm 

so bad news.

the cosmo i wanted is a part out only. it seems that he doesnt want to part with the shell even so my search continues.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 17, 2010 1:45 am 

Derek if you dont mind me asking, why were you hoping for 4X114 pattern?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 17, 2010 7:18 am 

i have some awesome wheels that i have been holding onto forever.. was hoping i could finally use them on an equally awesome car.

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 11 posts ]