#
It is currently Wed Jul 23, 2014 3:24 pm

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 3 posts ]
 Post subject: New to me Honda Spree
PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2013 9:31 am 

Hey guys I have been into old school Corollas for 4 years now and I'm 19. I usually drive a 1974 SR5 Corolla but as of yesterday I will be driving around a Honda Spree. My brother bought one from our co worker for 400$. It's an 83 Aero Spree. Excellent condition and good running. After 10 minutes on CL I found one an hour away for 400$ as well. I will be taking ownership tomorrow.

Ironically my brother and I both have 1974 Corolla SR5's, both originally silver from the factory and now we both have Honda Sprees. I will post more pics tomorrow but for now here is my brother with his new Spree.

Any comments, questions, or queries are welcome.

Post subject: Re: New to me Honda Spree
PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2013 5:36 pm 

I took ownership of the 1984 Honda Spree as of today. There are a few cosmetic issues and a few mechanical issues. I also need new tires. It just turned 5600 miles. The previous owner was a light thinker to say the least. He ran it without an air filter. I am also missing the hose going from the carb to air box but I think I may have just found one on Ebay.

I will be looking for the front headlight plastic surround piece as well as a gauge setup, both items are broke. I also need front turn signal brackets.

My brake light seems to be stuck on as well, any ideas?

Other than that I am looking forward to sipping gas and saving some money for future plans for my SR5.

Post subject: Re: New to me Honda Spree
PostPosted: Wed Oct 30, 2013 12:00 am 
JNC Enthusiast

Old thread, I know. What ever happened? If it was running without the air filter, it probably had a huge or drilled jet. Putting the filter and box back in may have made a few problems for you!

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 3 posts ]