#
It is currently Sat Sep 20, 2014 11:30 am

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 4 posts ]
 Post subject: honda z600 engine rebuild
PostPosted: Sat May 01, 2010 4:55 pm 

new on this site, got a project on rebuilding a honda z600 engine thats going into a custon chassis car/buggy..

my dad snapped a plug in the head many years ago and now ive inherited the job. its all goin well so far and i rekon im gunna strip the bottom end out to check and clean it.

ill be uploading pics and info but if theres anyone out there who can offer advice or even needs some then im all ears.

i also picked up couple of donor engines to help me along the way, one of these engines had a semi complete rusty front end with the dash in it.. and i may be willing to sell some bits i dont need..

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 02, 2010 2:39 am 

Let me know what you've got I have a Z600 and I'm in the UK, might have a few bits off you.

You did well to get a spare engine to play with they don't come up too often, would like to rebuild one myself have the gasket kit and parts ready but it runs fine at the moment so there is no point tearing it down just now.

pm me and i'll send me my email so you can post a couple of pics over of the bits you are going to sell off.

Matt J..

www.team-dandism.co.uk

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 02, 2010 4:18 am 

ok, no worries.. ill get the pics taken as soon as.. i just got one more week of uni then im free for the whole summer so ill do it then.

the engines seem really easy to work on, apart from not being able to separate the con rod from the crank :|

i got one of my heads re-furbed at a place near me, valves cut, pressure tested and everything.. cost me about 70 quid, so heads arent a problem (if you ever do do yours)

anyways, ill get some pics up asap, ive got some glass too :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 02, 2010 5:40 am 

ive put some pics in the honda swap meet, some pics arent too good because its up against my garage door and bad to get to.

just let me know.

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 4 posts ]