#
It is currently Fri Oct 24, 2014 8:34 am

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 7 posts ]
 Post subject: I'm getting an AZ600, any tips?
PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2009 8:23 pm 

I'm purchasing a RHD AZ600 from a guy that lives near my house.

It's just a rolling shell, so I'm going to start with stripping it down to bare metal, straightening it out, and then painting it. But after that I want to make it a little spicier because I live in the mountains, and a small car on the twisty roads is a crap load of fun.

So if anyone has some suggestions to make my car run a little faster, harder, and lower to the ground, I'd really appreciate it.

Last edited by the_alpha_geek on Tue Sep 15, 2009 1:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2009 3:42 pm 
Administrator

I say this to everyone that buys a 600. Search this site for the contact info of Tim Mings of Merciless Mings. He knows everything there is to know about these cars. Good luck and post some pics!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 29, 2009 11:47 pm 

ben wrote:
I say this to everyone that buys a 600. Search this site for the contact info of Tim Mings of Merciless Mings. He knows everything there is to know about these cars. Good luck and post some pics!

What he said! :tu:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2009 5:45 pm 

Does anyone have any information on what other engines will fit in my az600?

I read an article about a guy who swapped in a Datsun 1600 in his n600, and a rumor about an RX7 motor in a z600, but nothing specific and not even the vaguest instructions.

I'm thinking of an RX7 swap, but I want to know if it's possible first.

Post subject: RHD Z600
PostPosted: Fri Sep 11, 2009 8:55 am 

Seems a shame to customize a RHD 600. It has to be one of very few in the US. Is it a silver car? Does it have an automatic transmission? I saw a Z360 up in your area many, many years ago. I suppose it might be the same car.
Tim Mings is awesome and you need to get to know him. Also a guy named Miles Chappell is in Felton - right in your backyard. You might connect with him too.
Miles = http://www.600miles.com/
Tim = http://mercilessmingshondan600.itgo.com/

Good luck! Can you post a pic or two?

'85 CRX Si

Post subject: Re: RHD Z600
PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2009 10:51 pm 

Honda600King wrote:
Seems a shame to customize a RHD 600. It has to be one of very few in the US. Is it a silver car? Does it have an automatic transmission? I saw a Z360 up in your area many, many years ago. I suppose it might be the same car.
Tim Mings is awesome and you need to get to know him. Also a guy named Miles Chappell is in Felton - right in your backyard. You might connect with him too.
Miles = http://www.600miles.com/
Tim = http://mercilessmingshondan600.itgo.com/

Good luck! Can you post a pic or two?

It's not automatic, and it's not silver. It's a gutted manual in white primer (and when I say "gutted" I mean there's absolutely nothing on this car except the wheels, donor seats, steering wheel, and pedals).

I might want to restore it to original, but having a car with a power to weight ratio coming a close second to an electron is really tempting. But you do have a valid point about it being one of very few RHD 600's in the states. None the less, this bad boy is getting a roll cage and some nice bucket seats.

This is what I'm working with, it does have doors, fenders, and a hood, but that's about it... no glass even...

Anyway, I've spoken to Tim Mings, and Miles was trying to help me find an AZ about a year ago (nothing in my price range though) but I picked this one up recently for a smooth $500 (Miles wanted it, but Kevin held on to it for me because I'm an artist, and have to scramble a bit to get cash) Not that it matters, Miles has an ass load of 600's anyway.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2009 1:55 am 

The deal fell through, I guess I'll have to buy a LHD and convert it to RHD... Lame.

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 7 posts ]