#
It is currently Thu Jul 31, 2014 6:54 pm

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 6 posts ]
 Post subject: Newbie with a N600. Battery Cable routing Q's
PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2011 10:15 pm 

Hi, I just picked up a 72 N600 and I'm working my front to back to get this this sorted out. Today I worked on correcting all the wiring up front to get all the lights working. I had a couple of questions as I work my way back.

First, the front signal lights in the grill. How are they grounded, I only have two wires on the pass. side? On the drivers side where the two leads come out of the harness for the signal bulb there is also third blue wire that has been cut; I don't know where it goes?

I'd like to redo the battery cables as the previous owner did a half ass job. The Neg. cable just goes straight from the battery post to the valve cover. Is this right? Should there be a chassis ground too? Where would it connect?

The positive cable has a large wire that goes to the starter and then two small gauge wires. One attaches to the harness right next to the battery and the other runs down to the silicone rectifier which is just hanging below the battery. Where should the rectifier be mounted? It has a bracket, but I'm not sure where it should be mounted. Does this wiring on the pos cable sound right?

One last thing. Is it okay to run 6024 headlights? I couldn't find any 6012 or 6014.

I think that's it for now, though I'm sure there will be lots more. I'm go the tackle the carb rebuild next.

I recognize some familiar names from redpepperracing here. I'll try to get some pics of my crx and the new N600 up soon.

Post subject: Re: Newbie with a N600. Battery Cable routing Q's
PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2011 11:32 am 

My ground is braded copper and goes to the body where the coil bracket mounts and than over to the end of the valve cover. One cable with (2) tabs off it (1) at the end and the other at the middle over the coil.
I will look in my manuel for the other question.

David

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2011 1:22 pm 

Turn signal/front lights R/G goes to the fuse box.
G/Y goes to the turn signal switch (steering post)
The 3rd wire goes to ground.

David

PostPosted: Sat May 21, 2011 4:13 pm 

8803 wrote:
My ground is braded copper and goes to the body where the coil bracket mounts and than over to the end of the valve cover. One cable with (2) tabs off it (1) at the end and the other at the middle over the coil.
I will look in my manuel for the other question.

David

Okay, thanks. I assumed there should be a body ground; I took care of that one now.

I kind of figured out what is going on with the pos. cable. There is a white wire running down the fender that goes to the rectifier; the previous owner just cut that wire and ran each end to the battery, I will splice that back together. I found a wiring diagram. It looks like the positive cable is supposed to go down to the starter and off of the starter there would be a fused white wire that would go power everything else. I need to know where that white wire goes and connects to the rest of the harness.

PostPosted: Sat May 21, 2011 4:15 pm 

8803 wrote:

David

I think the front signal lights must just ground through the grill. I don't see any ground wires for those. The unknown blue wire I had is apparently for the horn which is missing.

PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2011 9:14 pm 

1gencrx wrote:
8803 wrote:

David

I think the front signal lights must just ground through the grill. I don't see any ground wires for those. The unknown blue wire I had is apparently for the horn which is missing.

Nevermind, I found the horn mounted up on the cowl. Are there supposed to be two??? I only have one, but two connectors. I guess the unknown blue/red wire up front is for optional foglights...

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 6 posts ]