#
It is currently Tue Sep 02, 2014 3:37 am

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 8 posts ]
 Post subject: Any Japanense market N/Z parts avalible?
PostPosted: Sat Jan 15, 2011 2:55 am 

Does anyone know a online source for new, NOS, ans used N/Z360/600 parts from japan market cars? Many of the US spec componets greatly distracted from the natural lines and clean appearance of the N/Z600s,

particuarly im intrested in trim componets like the bumpers, turn signals or some of the optional interior parts. such as the center console shown here:

Or the bumper/ turn signal, corner lights parts in this model

Post subject: Re: Any Japanense market N/Z parts avalible?
PostPosted: Sat Jan 15, 2011 4:15 am 

[quote="vwdmc16"]Does anyone know a online source for new, NOS, ans used N/Z360/600 parts from japan market cars?

Australian market cars are the same bar the Japanese mirrors, that stuff is here secondhand but Ive been out of Hondas for a while so cant really point you to anywhere specific, google Honda clubs here maybe?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2011 12:56 am 

No unfortunately we didn't get the Japanese spec bits on the Z either, though N might have been closer
Our Z bumpers were spaced further from the body and a cover made up for the original indicator holes, with new combined indicator/park-lights perched on top like those later used on the Civic, with no fender indicators until the water-cooled Z which strangely used trimmed air-cooled frt bumpers mounted lower than the Japanese ones. I want an air-cooled Japanese rear number plate lamp to replace that awful ill-fitting arrangement they cobbled togeather.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2011 9:24 am 

Yahoo! Japan is your best bet I'd say.

We never officially received the Z, only N.
However some JDM parts may be lying around in the country.
I only managed a (one side only) NOS fender mirror like the one on the pictured white Z.

I think I saw the gauge cluster somewhere before, just couldn't remember where and when.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 30, 2011 10:45 pm 

Hmm what do you think a decent front bumper would cost, or a pair of turn signals??

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2011 2:32 pm 

if you want the japanese spec bits for the z it's best to get them from japan there are a few bits on yahoo auctions. I use a bidding agent to get parts, but the costs can add up pretty quickly with the bidder. Fees, shipping to them in japan, repacking if required and them shipping internationally, plus customs fees.

I bought a z front bumper for mine though I think it's the same as my uk one. The brackets may be shorter on the jdm cars to brig them closer to the body.

I think there are some turn signal lights on now. If you use google chrome it will translate the gap pages for you. There are quite a few bidding agents. Personally i use www.goody-japan.com they are quite reasonable and the packing etc is always spot on. I've even bought wheels etc for the z that way, ok if you can hip by sea and wait.

Matt J..

www.team-dandism.co.uk

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2011 8:15 pm 

thanks for the info, but im confused on that site, how do I find z600 parts?

so say the english bumpers are the same but with a longer bracket? id rather fore go the language barrier and confusion and get one from the Uk, then modify my brackets to work

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2011 3:24 am 

You go to the site in google chrome which has the translation stuff in it, then click the yahoo auction link (goody-japan is in english anyway so thats easy) which takes you to yahoo auctions in japan, wait for it to translate to english, then select cars / motorcycles from the acution type drop down and search for Z360. Remember they had both aircooled z's like ours and then later watercooled ones which look similar but had many different parts inc bodywork as they are based on the longer life floorpan.

Remember they didn't get the Z600 in Japan, there were a few N600E (expoprt) version but these are a rareity. There around about 3-4 pages of parts maybe 60-80, of various things.

I have a Japanese bumper and several UK bumpers, I'm sure they are all identical and look the same as the US ones (albeit without the additional rail fitted).

I can't find pictures or part numbers for the Japanese bumper brackets anywhere right now but i think the bumpers are the same just with shorter brackets that tuck the bumper into the body more. You could try by removing your bumper, take the brackets off then hold it up and I think you'll find it follows the profile of the bodywork.

USDM Z's appear to have extra brackets on the body to take the indicator lights mounted up through the grill. Euro cars had flat grills like the JDM cars but with early civic style turn / side light units mounted on the top of the bumper each side. The JDM cars had lights under the front bumper where we have those metal infill panels. Like these

http://page11.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/n78955387

For the rear bumpers there appears to be use 2 types the flat more recessed version and the later more rounded type that stick out maybe half an inch more from the body. Some markets also had overriders that bolt into the rear corner bumpers.

Hope that helps, there is the LHS light setup above and at least a RHS lens at the moment. To bid you register, lodge a deposit via paypal and then fill in the bidding form on the goody-japan website and they do the rest.; They send you a paypal invoice when they have the parts inc all their fees and shipping etc.

Matt J..

www.team-dandism.co.uk

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 8 posts ]