#
It is currently Fri Apr 25, 2014 1:26 am

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 7 posts ]
 Post subject: Another member from the PNW
PostPosted: Thu Apr 29, 2010 8:29 pm 

Well I said I would post up once i got a certain car, but that whole crap fell through so I'll post up an intro anyway.

I'm Tim, Stationed up at the Naval Air Station on Whidbey Island, WA, working on P-3C Orion Turbo prop powerplants (those big 50yr old four propeller driven airplanes up here). My current project is a 91' Galant VR4 that I have been slowing working on restoring from when I first picked it up on the east coast where I was stationed before. I just moved back out here in mid July and since then these old school japanese cars have been growing on me. The last time I lived in WA was in the 90s...living here again, feels like I'm back in the 90s again lol. Anyway I'll be on the hunt for 70s Colt/Colt Wagon or could settle for a Celica of the same years. Though I deploy soon and will be gone for a year I will continue this hunt when I can or once I get back. The VR4 will be getting the motor, trans, and hopefully some rust repairs on the rear end while I'm gone.

Well here's some pics of the VR4
June 08'

Pretty simple setup now
Getting done putting the AMG Wheels on

Short list of mods are
Evo 8 Suspension
14b
Speed density
AMG Galant Type 1 Wheels
JDM pre facelift front bumper
facelift foglights
single bulb corners.
ETS Anodized FMIC
3" Exhaust
The car currently has a few things removed on it which is fine, I lost 5th and Reverse a few months ago which pretty much ended the DD status of the car along with a oil leak.

Laters

77 Colt Galant Wagon

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 29, 2010 10:24 pm 
Administrator

Welcome to JNC. Nice VR4!

Since you're on Whidbey Island, look up Simpson Design if you haven't already.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 01, 2010 1:11 pm 

Jim Simpson (Smpsom Design) Is a really cool guy, and could probably help you find anything you want :tu:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 02, 2010 9:44 am 
JNC Enthusiast

I use to have a 2000 Galant ES. Many guys on the galant forums have made their own lip spoilers from using a Integra Type R urethane front lip and cutting it in the middle and gluing or molding it back together. Then install the lip. This mod may work for your model and year of car as well.

Nice car. VR-4's are a rare find.

Welcome.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 04, 2010 6:33 pm 

Just rare on the streets, well except up here, I see one or a couple from time to time and there are most likely around 10 down between the Vancouver, WA & Portland, OR area. Finding them for sale....there are plenty for sale, just have to know where to look.
Thanks for the tip, but I don't see any reason to put a lip on the car, there was a group buy on galantvr4.org for some fabbed up ones, but it's just not appealing to me.

I'll have to go visit Jim Simpson sometime and see what he has to offer, since a couple of you speak so highly of him.

77 Colt Galant Wagon

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 04, 2010 8:37 pm 
JNC Enthusiast

yep there are a few down this way lol, when are you down here next? Coming to Oregon Trail Rally?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 04, 2010 8:44 pm 

I had planned on it, but in light of choosing to go on a deployment, in which I leave next month, so this month is full of packing up my apartment and gathering up car parts. I have to trailer the VR4 down to Tacoma to a friend's shop where it will get worked on while I'm gone. It needs some "Anti-Rustoration", most likely patch welding on the rear end done.

I've already replaced everything from brakes to subframe/rear diff on the rear for rust. Just need the body around the fuel tank/fuel lines replaced, and the front spindles replaced.

77 Colt Galant Wagon

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 7 posts ]