#
It is currently Sun Sep 21, 2014 7:24 am

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 8 posts ]
 Post subject: TE31 Corolla in San Antonio Texas
PostPosted: Tue Dec 24, 2013 12:13 pm 

I've been poking around for a while, but just got the time to sign up. My name's Diane and I've owned many American and Japanese classics. I've been working on cars since I was about 7 with my pops and am now a professional car detailer and IT technician (diagnostics skills carry over to just about anything).

I just for my TE31 SR5 Corolla a couple of months ago. Her name is Kimiko and she's had some work done to her so far, but I'm going to finish what her owner started. Big stuff: she's got a 3TC, swapped fb GSL-SE RX-7 rear end, & stripped interior.

She's the latest in my line of old Japanese vehicles, the former being a 74 Rotary pickup and 84 RX-7. I've already had some fun with her... racin' the deathtrap. lol

Pix:

Don't waste another minute waiting on parts, or anything else. Just get out there and start racing! You will suck at first, and you will be slower than many other cars, but the only thing you will regret is not starting earlier...

Last edited by b00std on Tue Jan 07, 2014 5:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject: Re: TE31 Corolla in Texas
PostPosted: Thu Dec 26, 2013 4:29 pm 

Ohai. Welcome.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 07, 2014 5:50 pm 

OHAI Darren! Is there ANY part of the interwebz that you are not all over?? ;)

lol @ NAZDA!!

Don't waste another minute waiting on parts, or anything else. Just get out there and start racing! You will suck at first, and you will be slower than many other cars, but the only thing you will regret is not starting earlier...

Post subject: Re: TE31 Corolla in San Antonio Texas
PostPosted: Wed Jan 08, 2014 9:11 pm 

welcome, car looks nice. there's a gslse in a local yard and I was debating swapping that rear end myself (I have a 79 Corolla). how is it?

-Nick

Post subject: Re: TE31 Corolla in San Antonio Texas
PostPosted: Tue Jan 14, 2014 9:02 am 

nfelge wrote:
welcome, car looks nice. there's a gslse in a local yard and I was debating swapping that rear end myself (I have a 79 Corolla). how is it?

-Nick

Thank Nick!

The swap worked out great. It needs rotors and pads, but stops very well. One major thing to note is the width that the rear end is: I have some hellapoke (lol) on the rear only with the Celica Supra Wheels. I need flares! :oops:

PostPosted: Tue Jan 14, 2014 12:20 pm 

b00std wrote:

lol @ NAZDA!!

....maybeh *deletes browser history*

One thing I never thought about but since it was brought up by nfelge, when ya'll do the swap do you use the GSL-SE brakes as well? Factory -SE rear calipers have a particular e-brake setup so I was wondering how much if any modification is necessary which also makes rebuilding the calipers an...adventure to say the least. I've had the pleasure of rebuilding mine and it made me second guess just buying a set of re-man'd.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 16, 2014 9:11 am 

mazdatsun wrote:
b00std wrote:

lol @ NAZDA!!

One thing I never thought about but since it was brought up by nfelge, when ya'll do the swap do you use the GSL-SE brakes as well? Factory -SE rear calipers have a particular e-brake setup so I was wondering how much if any modification is necessary which also makes rebuilding the calipers an...adventure to say the least. I've had the pleasure of rebuilding mine and it made me second guess just buying a set of re-man'd.

Yes the rear disc are one of the benefits of the swap. Actually, I was going to ask you to come take a peek with me and my Toyota buddy when we tackle the rear brakes. One of the rear calipers is dragging and I need to see if the ebrake is adjusted correctly while we're in there. I'm going to be proactive and replace the pads/rotors when we check the calipers.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 16, 2014 11:15 am 

b00std wrote:
mazdatsun wrote:
b00std wrote:

lol @ NAZDA!!

Yes the rear disc are one of the benefits of the swap. Actually, I was going to ask you to come take a peek with me and my Toyota buddy when we tackle the rear brakes. One of the rear calipers is dragging and I need to see if the ebrake is adjusted correctly while we're in there. I'm going to be proactive and replace the pads/rotors when we check the calipers.

Sure, let me know. I've actually got to rebuild my rears again because I don't think I cleaned up the pistons enough last time, one is leaking so I'm replacing it and I'll be more than happy to lend it to you so you can practice on it, this way you have an idea of how to man-handle it if you rebuild yours.

Just as well, if you decide to rebuild, drop the cash for the MazdaTrix kit. It comes with all the same stuff you get from Rock Auto but it's OEM ANNNNDDDDD it comes with that big boot that covers the e-brake mechanism that you can't get...and I tore on one of mine.
$36.72 + Shipping (Mazdatrix is hefty shipping so like $10).
http://mazdatrix.com/j-2brake.htm

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 8 posts ]