#
It is currently Mon Sep 01, 2014 4:30 pm

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 4 posts ]
 Post subject: Colorado guy
PostPosted: Tue Dec 03, 2013 9:55 pm 

Hello,

Just wanted to introduce myself. I am a car enthusiast from western colorado. I have had an interesting procession of cars as my interests have changed over time, first a Subaru, then a slew of old school euro cars, then more recently an AE86 (which sadly seized up on the 10 mile drive home =[) and a Toyota Stout.

This past weekend i sadly said goodbye to my stout. The progress was slow while i am in school, and i need to make that my priority. I traded her for something (ever so slightly) easier to work on while i school, a 1973 Mitsubishi Galant/Dodge Colt hardtop. It needs some lovin' though. The paint is faded, leather is flaking away, gas tank is literally a rust bucket. Body damage. Chopped springs. etc etc etc. All in all though, i love it!

Also my other project is a 1983 BMW 533i that is getting a 2jz in it, but that is a whole other can of worms.

I will throw on a picture here, and probably make a thread in the mitsu section. Definitely need some leads on parts, here in the desert i would not imagine there is a 1st gen colt owner within a few hundred miles haha.

Here is the good side :)

Post subject: Re: Colorado guy
PostPosted: Mon Dec 09, 2013 7:16 am 

very nice! welcome to JNC!

Never even knew about the 1G Colts til i joined here. i'm really impressed with all the amount of classic cars that i had no clue existed!

Whats the BMW being used for? a 2J in a BMW sounds like a Recipe for getting sideways lol

PostPosted: Tue Dec 10, 2013 11:59 am 

I actually had no idea about this car existing until i got a reply on my Stout ad and he offered it. It is odd, it seems to be both a 1973 and a 1971 haha. The car was built in 1971, but imported in 73. Strange thing is, when i look for parts i put 73 for best results, but the title reads 1971.... that was very odd to me.

The BMW is going to be a little hellion. I will probably get it sideways quite a bit, but i don't intend to get too crazy sideways because the EPA bumpers on those e28 chassis are known for being complete crap and slamming into the engines behind them =[ but it will be a great little sleeper to embarrass the fools that go out and spend 100k or whatever on a brand new M5 hahaha. Probably build it up to 450hp or so... potentially 650 or so with minimal work on the motor though, i just enjoy living =]

PostPosted: Tue Dec 10, 2013 3:51 pm 

SuperSloth wrote:
I actually had no idea about this car existing until i got a reply on my Stout ad and he offered it. It is odd, it seems to be both a 1973 and a 1971 haha. The car was built in 1971, but imported in 73. Strange thing is, when i look for parts i put 73 for best results, but the title reads 1971.... that was very odd to me.

The BMW is going to be a little hellion. I will probably get it sideways quite a bit, but i don't intend to get too crazy sideways because the EPA bumpers on those e28 chassis are known for being complete crap and slamming into the engines behind them =[ but it will be a great little sleeper to embarrass the fools that go out and spend 100k or whatever on a brand new M5 hahaha. Probably build it up to 450hp or so... potentially 650 or so with minimal work on the motor though, i just enjoy living =]

\sounds like a blast!!

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 4 posts ]