#
It is currently Tue Oct 21, 2014 8:55 am

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 1 post ]
 Post subject: Sort of a Newbie from SoCal
PostPosted: Thu Oct 03, 2013 8:11 pm 

How's it going everyone my name is Frankie and like the subject says I'm sort of a newbie. I say this because I currently don't own a classic Japanese car but I've owned two in the past. However I never really did anything to them except for drive.

My first classic was a 1978 Toyota Corolla (TE31). Long story short on this one....it wouldn't pass smog....it got towed...couldn't take it out because I had no registration (couldn't pass smog).....tow company vanished along with my car. I was really bummed when that happened and I took a break from classics for about a year until a chance Google search got me to my second classic.

The second classic I owned was a 1975 Honda Civic CVCC (trunk model). I really loved this one so I sold my daily driver (1989 Ford F-150) and made this one my DD. I fixed it up a little and added a Weber carb. I was living in Washington state at the time and I befriended some older Honda head (in his 60s) who also owned a 1975 Civic CVCC. He had swapped a 70's Accord EK motor in it so he was giving me a bunch of swap ideas. I found some guy in WA who was swapping VTEC motors into CVCCs. I didn't have the funds to perform the swap and as luck would have it my motor blew around the same time. My older buddy had an extra EK motor sitting around so I was going to do that swap but between work and a deployment (I'm in the NAVY) we didn't get around to it. By the time I came back from my deployment he had sold the motor. With my swap dreams crushed, pressure from the wife, and funds going towards the car payments on the new daily driver I needed to buy, I sold the Civic to some guy in Canada.

Well it has been almost 6 years since my last classic and I'm ready to get back into it. Luckily my funds are better now and I still have the "new" daily driver I bought after the Civic. I'm looking at hopefully picking something up within the next 6 months. I've gone Toyota and Honda so I might go full circle this time and pick up a Nissan (my first car was a 1989 Nissan Sentra). Looking forward to learning a lot thru this forum and meeting new people.

Frankie

Here are pics of my old rides

1978 Toyota Corolla
[url][URL=http://s246.photobucket.com/user/frankiecutz619/media/DSC00359-1.jpg.html]Image[/url][/url]

1975 Honda Civic CVCC
[url][URL=http://s246.photobucket.com/user/frankiecutz619/media/CIMG0046.jpg.html]Image[/url][/url]

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 1 post ]