#
It is currently Thu Jul 31, 2014 1:22 pm

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 4 posts ]
 Post subject: Import lover from Melbourne, Australia (JJ's MX6)
PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2012 4:42 am 

Hello fellow JNC lovers! (JNCers? i dunno what the erm is for us? haha)
My name is Jesse-James Risk, i just turned 24 (oct 25th for those playing at home), and i am import-mad.
I have owned a 180sx, a VS commodore and currently have a 2012 Mazda 2 and an AE93 Corolla/Nova.
Ive loved all things JDM for years now, and in the last year-ish i have gotten the bug to get a classic Japanese car!
I was lining up getting a RX4, RA28 or Datsun 1600/510, but alas i have recently found out i am an expectant father, so i wont be able to invest in a nice restored JNC.
That was until recently! Although barely classed as a JNC, i am currently in the process of acquiring an 87 GD MX6 turbo in Champagne. Ill be putting some money down on it in the next 24 hours, and i also just picked up a set of mint original mx6 turbo wheels- i found them on ebay, purely looking for road-worthy tires, and when i went to pick them up i noticed they were in mi9nt condition, with the limited white powder-coat! i couldn't believe my luck!
Anyways The car i am buying has a sh!&load of kms on it, but it has been meticulously maintained by a previous lady-owner- the original seats are completely un-torn/wornout, all the electrics work, the moonroof works like a dream, and the bodywork is not faded at all, and looks new! no accidents, ever! And no rust (that i could find).
As for the engine/gearbox, she was flawlessly smooth and cruizy, even thoguh i turned the suspension to 'sport' before even putting her into gear! The build quality on these things is mind-blowing, even compared to my 4-month old 2012 Mazda 2!
Driving her around, i was listening for the things i expected to hear from a 25+ year old car... but not a sound! not one rattle or whine!
The only noise was comnig from the turbo exhaust and the Dose/flutter of the turbo/Blow-off valve. It only does this as it has n unsealed Pod Filter and a disconnected vacuum line to the BOV- As for modifications, thats it! Everything else is original including the factory service manual (although quite tattered). Even the unmarked wheels are original along with the matching full-size spare in the boot!
Anyways, its late here, and im not using any of my journalistic skills (im still buzzing in excitement), so ill take my chance to leave before i embarrass myself, like i always do when im around Japanese cars!
Im going to use this thread to show my build progress as i hunt down some classic touches! Ill post photos ASAP.

Cheers!

Post subject: Re: Import lover from Melbourne, Australia (JJ's MX6)
PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2012 3:53 pm 

Hey guys ill take some photos today and post them up ASAP
cheers

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2012 9:01 pm 

Just put the new (original) White wheels on her. Very sedate, but also JDM. lovin it!

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2012 4:55 pm 

Have decided that more low and stiff is needed, so when i get the car back, ill be dropping in some Pedders lowered springs and struts, seeing as thoguh some bushes need to be replaced also. Cant wait.

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 4 posts ]