#
It is currently Wed Nov 26, 2014 9:49 pm

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 4 posts ]
 Post subject: Back in an RA21
PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2010 7:37 am 

After nearly 20 years (and two or three years looking at them) I am once again the owner of a '74 celica, I need to gat a few parts for it but all in all, it's pretty good. If anyone has info on parts cars or people with parts in the vancouver B.C. area, please let me know.

My plans are a quick paint job (car is pretty clean and very srtaight) , 22r w/ side drafts etc. , some wheels and that's really about it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2010 5:53 pm 
JNC Enthusiast

Welcome. Hope that the Celica is good enough shape to paint over. Don't expect to just stop rust by painting over it though. If the car was driven in the winter time on salted roads, you may want to consider checking the under carriage really carefully. That salt is like poison to sub-frames. Hope to see some pictures in the near future.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 11, 2010 2:35 am 

The car is actually VERY clean, I suspect that some sort of repair to the pass. side rear wheel well has caused rust to start, it is the only place any real rust exists, I got the car from the original owner who garaged it since new and never drove in winter.

I own a shop and since I bought it , it has been on a hoist being scrutinized by everyone...

The reason that I want to paint it is that the paint is fading, otherwise as I said it is very straight.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2010 8:48 pm 
JNC Enthusiast

I'm getting the same negative opinions about my Datsun 510. The so-called (self proclaimed) car-enthusiasts here at my work are doubting that I can get my project back on the road again but there's more sentimental value to it than money can buy especially since I rode home in the car the day after I was born. I've learned not to let haters think for you. Just keep pressing on with the restore and upgrades and it should come together pretty quick especially since you have resources like ... A SHOP.

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 4 posts ]