#
It is currently Wed Oct 22, 2014 7:46 am

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 4 posts ]
 Post subject: My new Corona 1975
PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 4:31 pm 

Hi There,

just wanted to introduce myself. Since some time I am looking to add a classic Japanese car to my collection and as I am currently posted in Peru, selection wasn't too large but also not bad. Sadly most of the cars over here are badly damaged and sheet metal quality was important to me as I whish to take the car back to Germany one day.

This weekend I found a car which wasn't actually my preferred option (was looking for a 67-70 Corona - nice Nissans from that time are sadly not available) but as this one was first hand, with no rust and well maintained I couldn't look away. Paint is bad and it has some minor bumps but in general a very nice car and foremost it does have no filler orgies.

Here some pictures, as-is which I took the day after picking up the car.

My idea is to get some nice wheels, lower the car and make it look a bit (actually a lot) cooler always trying to keep original parts stored and not doing strange stuff which can not be undone. Whatever suggestions are welcome. You will quickly find some posts in the Toyota section, as one of the first steps will be wheel selection. Even tough I which to go way low, road conditions will not allow it over here. Therefore I will need to find some Middleway.

Ok, that should do for a general presentation. Ahh, one more thing, the engine is the original R16 and drives great - same goes for the gearbox. As I have quicker cars, probably I will leave the engine and just play a bit with the carbs and exhaust to get it a bit smoother.

The car is a Type R102, maybe because it is a locally assembled version. What would be the correct US / JAPAN type - R120?!

Regards, TK

Post subject: Re: My new Corona 1975
PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2013 11:26 am 
JNC Enthusiast

Welcome y bienvenidos a JNC. Very nice score on your Corona. I love seeing old Coronas well maintained. Perhaps one day I'll get to see this car in person soon. I actually have family there in Lima. I'll let you know if I plan a trip. Looking forward to some updates with anything you plan on doing to the car.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2013 3:50 pm 

Hi,

you are very much welcome. Actually I have been doing some minor stuff, und should get some wheels next week, then I'll post an update !

Tom

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2013 6:49 pm 

Welcome. Nice rig!

72-87 Civic
84-87 CRX
86-89 Integra
79-87 Prelude
76-89 Accord

Parts, cars, collectibles and more!

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 4 posts ]