#
It is currently Thu Oct 23, 2014 2:02 am

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 5 posts ]
 Post subject: My mx73's cassette player is broken :s
PostPosted: Tue Feb 25, 2014 8:56 am 

Hey guys,

Recently after squealing for a couple of weeks my cassette player just stopped working. At first it would occasionally try to change directions then play after a short time, I then modified my auxiliary tape I was using and everything worked fine for a while. But the squealing intensified and now the cassette player just changes directions about 5 times before ejecting the tape. I don't know much when it comes to this but could it be a belt? Between the switching I can hear the music play, not sure if that means anything.
But in all, I would like to keep the stock radio so if anyone can help me that would be great. I am willing to send it out to be repaired.

Post subject: Re: My mx73's cassette player is broken :s
PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2014 10:25 am 
JNC Enthusiast

Most likely, there is a crack in one of the drive wheels on the cassette player. I have seen this in pretty much every old toyota deck I have pulled. The4 drive wheels crack, a tooth or two falls off, drive wheels get jammed, deck thinks the tape needs to be flipped. You can search the interweb to see if you can buy new wheels. If you want a cassette deck and have it look stock, look for the newer double din deck out of a toyota. I am not sure of the number, but it was normally found in 97-2001 Camry, Avalons and Tundras. You can usually find them on ebay for cheap too. Mkae sure that it is the internal amplified one(two connecters on the back, not one) Part number is 86120-0C020 or 0C030. The only thing you will need to do is swap your harness to the newer one.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2014 11:24 am 

Thanks for the reply, I think I am feeling confident to open it up. Then if I can verify that the wheels are cracked go on and search for replacements. If worse comes to worst I might just swap it out. Thanks for the info this really helped clear up what Im working with.

PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2014 10:17 am 
JNC Enthusiast

I saved mine from my mx73, and I'm pretty sure it works well. It's yours if you want to pay shipping on it. I figured someone might want it someday.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2014 1:43 pm 

Hey Shane I'm gunna send you a pm.

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 5 posts ]