#
It is currently Tue Jul 22, 2014 12:32 pm

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 5 posts ]
 Post subject: j-tin audio
PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2010 10:22 pm 

just thought we should start an audio/ice topic to see what some of us got in our different rides and get ideas and also to shear info.... ill kick it off..

1977 810 dat/wag

hu: removed original hu and cut out space (kinda regret) to put kenwood cd kdnc-mp332 and made aux adapter to hook up my zune :D ....

sp: absolute audio 300w/m component 6.5 in doors and in rear trunk area. (blew out front absolute sub replaced with 300w/m rca 6.5)......
plan to replace the rear drivers with alpine type R 275w/m 6x9 to get more bass and install my 3 left over 6.5 speakers in the rear hatch/gate for the sub effect.....

amp: 960w/m 4ch kole audio hk-960-4 (hidden in the panel where the rear window wash fluid bag goes)...... plan to install 980w/m 2ch kole audio to drive the 3 speakers that ima put in the rear gate/hatch for the lows....

eq: kenwood 5 band mini eq kgc-4042 (need to install)

well thats all for now...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 12, 2010 4:03 pm 

I'm currently sporting a gaping hole and probably a cracked paper cone in the dash of my 240.

The best and least invasive way that I have found to put tunes in an older car is to use a preamplified equalizer in a location of choice with an audio input wire run for an MP3 player to run radio and music.

Aside from being able to use the original AM radio, connected in conjunction with this system, it's just about financially worthless. Of course, with the exception of the MP3 player that unplugs and goes with you when you leave the car, you don't have to worry about someone destroying your car to steal pawn shop fodder.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2010 4:31 pm 
Administrator

Thanks to JNC members robakun and OkieRA29, I'm rockin stock stereos in both my 'Yotas! Add a $5 tape adapter and I have my entire ipod playlist at my fingertips.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 24, 2010 5:10 pm 

DaveBonds wrote:
I'm currently sporting a gaping hole and probably a cracked paper cone in the dash of my 240.

The best and least invasive way that I have found to put tunes in an older car is to use a preamplified equalizer in a location of choice with an audio input wire run for an MP3 player to run radio and music.

Aside from being able to use the original AM radio, connected in conjunction with this system, it's just about financially worthless. Of course, with the exception of the MP3 player that unplugs and goes with you when you leave the car, you don't have to worry about someone destroying your car to steal pawn shop fodder.

i had the same set up befor with the amped eq but i hooked it up to the stock radio with a high to low line filter and yes the tape adapter :D before... and i know what you mean about ppl braking in your car and tearing shit up. my car got broken in like 3 times and the tore up my gluve box cuz that wher i had my 1st set up - preamp eq 2-alpine cd player and 3- clerion eq (after i replaced the stock unit with a kenwood) but i fixed the glove box though :D and thats just audio stuff one more time for my box full of tools. fucken dippshits tore up the hole rear left door to unlock the cake when they could of just broken the window... (i live in a bad part of los angeles) but i know have an alarm :D and it loud and anoying cuz it just holds the horn on till it turns off ...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 24, 2010 10:44 pm 

car is a 83 datsun bluebird, 910.

i decided to use the center console for gauges :)

so I moved the HU to the glove box:

It has a remote controll so I don't have to stretch over to change tunes, and it takes mp3 cd's so i don't have to change cd's so often.
But even better, I have connected an RCA to mini-jack cable adapter and ran it in to the armrest on the center console so I can put my android phone, or other mp3 player in there and play all my tunes. Super stealthy sound :)

Speakers are some really old pioneer 6.5" in the doors and some old pioneers in the rear parcel shelf to, keeping it old-school 8)

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 5 posts ]