#
It is currently Sat Sep 20, 2014 3:29 pm

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 2 of 2   [ 38 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 27, 2010 6:34 am 

tkmedia wrote:
The spectra market has pretty much died off. That's where Polaroid made most of their money in industrial, scientific, medical applications.

Do you think the will actually produce 8x10? They say they have the equipment. I'm completely out of 8x10 instant. I used to shoot 8x10 negs all the time for making plates/offset press printing.

Whilst i heard they will make the film, my gut feel is no.
Here, primarily used in the Macro range- dental, healthcare clinics, etc. That and corporate busineess doing promo shots and using photomounts.

I still have a couple of 803's left, but am hesitant to guess if they will still be ok. 8 x 10's were dying long before the Polaroid drop off. They used to make very little of it, and you'd have to wait 6 weeks for your shop to get the stock in. Very costly to make, so I doubt it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 27, 2010 6:37 am 

tkmedia wrote:
I'm currently hacking these cameras to use more available film.

Not may here are willing to modify cameras to make them usable. plenty sell for bugger all on ebay in at markets. Box brownies still hold their price........

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 27, 2010 6:40 am 

Go Baby Go wrote:
Box brownies still hold their price........

What do they go for down there?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 27, 2010 7:53 am 
JNC Enthusiast

Go Baby Go wrote:
Whilst i heard they will make the film, my gut feel is no.
Here, primarily used in the Macro range- dental, healthcare clinics, etc. That and corporate busineess doing promo shots and using photomounts.

Yeah my work had to go back to an very old way of doing X-Ray photos of components and such in the metallurgy lab due to the unavailability of the polaroid film that they used on their newer equipment. Digital is still too expensive to justify the cost of replacement.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2010 6:09 am 
JNC Enthusiast

tkmedia wrote:
I'm currently hacking these cameras to use more available film.
Me too. But, I suspect you know that. How did yours go? Neko.

Post subject: Polaroids
PostPosted: Wed Jul 07, 2010 3:52 pm 

Love them Loids!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 14, 2010 8:37 am 

went great, a bit messy looking... but the lens on the 110 recently went kaput and is now getting jammed all the time.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 14, 2010 2:16 pm 

I'm currently in the process of researching/making a 4x5 instant packfilm back for the Mamiya Universal. Why? I was able to get a small stash of 4x5 instant fujifilm for $9 a pack! :mrgreen:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 17, 2010 5:28 am 

assume you've seen my blog post on the mamiya back for some tips? i saw someone selling one on ebay that looked exactly like mine...scammers!

there are some really good deals on type 50s if you are patient. i have a lot of 58 as it seems to sell for less.

i still need to lightproof my 110A so i can use it more often. kinda leaky. may just seal it up some more and the tape it all off and spraypaint 10 coats or so of black along the seals.
funny i had it sitting on a shelf forever and recently picked it up and had forgotten how light it was without all the heavy bits i had removed!

i have another 110 to convert as well at some point. though i keep forgetting i have a bunch of 47 to use so i need a camera for that!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 17, 2010 8:31 pm 

Strange, I have never use type 50 4 x 5 sheet film before. I've used type 800 8x10 sheet and Type 550 4x5 pack in industrial fields, but not for "photography".

I had an opportunity to buy some type 50's cheap at $25ea for 20 sheet boxes they had 10boxes available. They posted an ad on craigslist, but they were all sold an hour after it was posted as I arrived 10min too late. :cry:

with instant and film my problem is i'm too lazy to scan photos, but with digital I produce way too many images; a lot of them crap but the good ones I can't decide what to post.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 22, 2010 6:15 pm 

looks like image/spectra/1200 film is now available, but if it's anything liken their previous films, this film will be useless for the scientific/industrial fields.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 23, 2010 5:20 am 

tkmedia wrote:
looks like image/spectra/1200 film is now available, but if it's anything liken their previous films, this film will be useless for the scientific/industrial fields.

Over here, the Spectra/1200/image if used in medical was usually with a Macro5 camera. The shot needed was of high quality.
This film will be anything but. don't get me wrong, if you are using it for personal/artistic use, then you can have all the fun in the world with it, providing you don't need a good quality result.

I haven't been overly impressed by their PX film, but then again at least they are giving it a go. I know at present i will keep using expired 600 film before i go and buy any of the imp. project stuff. i had bad killer crystals too.

At $50USD shipping for even 2 packs of film, i know where he put his shipping costs...........

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 28, 2010 10:07 am 

yes shipping is very expensive especially if they don't have a local distributor. It still cost that much in the US if it's not available locally. but when it is available it's $10 for shipping.

you also have to note that PZ600 is 8 shots per pack, unlike the older ones that can be up to 12 per pack.

Their first color film, for SX70 cameras will be made available in a day or so, it's a First Flush edition, so unless i hear more details I'll prob wait for more stable revision.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 29, 2010 7:21 am 

huge ads on the website saying "coming July 29".....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 09, 2010 11:10 am 

awesome ive been wanting to get a hasselblad and i ahve a polaroid back lined up already.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 09, 2010 7:58 pm 

most instant backs for medium format cameras (like hassy) use peel apart film, which is currently available from Fujifilm.

on a majority of medium format cameras it may not expose the complete image because they are different size formats.

example
http://www.flickr.com/photos/conwayl/534652117/

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2010 2:55 pm 

dont have permission to view that photo. and while you do use that normally you can modify the back to use other types of film. i have access to some of the best hasselblads in the world and the people that can change anything that needs to be on them.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2010 10:56 pm 

tkmedia wrote:
most instant backs for medium format cameras (like hassy) use peel apart film, which is currently available from Fujifilm.

on a majority of medium format cameras it may not expose the complete image because they are different size formats.

example
http://www.flickr.com/photos/conwayl/534652117/

Same size as current as Polaroid film available- 3 1/4" x 4 1/4". I don't mind the black and white Fuji, but always preferred the 665.

just saw product shots of the new digital instant camera- think of the old Polaroid 600 cameras, but the new digital version- ie camera with printer built-in.

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 2 of 2   [ 38 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1, 2