#
It is currently Mon Sep 22, 2014 7:29 am

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 6 posts ]
 Post subject: Guitar Thread...
PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2009 11:16 pm 

...I saw people talking about guitars, but didn't want to hijack that thread, because it would only result in me talking about how much I dislike The Who/Gibson :mrgreen:

I build them, because they're cheaper than cars... I tend to concentrate less these days on playing them, however :lol: I like old, nostalgic, underdog sorts of guitars, I guess my taste is consistent between the two :roll:

One is even (mostly) Japanese in origin (My fave, the Jag). Put a nicer AV trem in it when I pulled it for the Tele, SD low output, potted pickups so they won't squeal...

The Mustang is (mostly) original 1966, best neck ever, new SD pickups... The Mustang has the best trem in the world, but it doesn't sound like a Jag, so it doesn't get played much, unless I'm doing stupid things with the trem. I'd post before pics, but just imagine it covered in tar, and in a million pieces.

The Telecaster... Thing is mostly made out of metallic orange 350Z paint, MIM body bondoed/routed out to do this to it... Honestly I think Teles are ugly as hell, and only made this because I couldn't afford a Jazzmaster body :lol:

Post subject: Re: Guitar Thread...
PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2009 6:19 pm 

Dachshund wrote:
The Telecaster... Thing is mostly made out of metallic orange 350Z paint, MIM body bondoed/routed out to do this to it... Honestly I think Teles are ugly as hell, and only made this because I couldn't afford a Jazzmaster body :lol:

I loooove Tele's. 8)

And that thing needs a Tele headstock, not Strat. :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2009 9:54 pm 
JNC Enthusiast

I've just got an ibanez ibz110 bass :(. I wish I could hang with you guitar peeps but that's all I can bring to the table, lol.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 28, 2009 4:54 pm 

shane_lxi wrote:
I've just got an ibanez ibz110 bass...

Well, somebody's gotta hold that groove down for the JNC band... :P

I'm actually a bass player by nature, but they aren't as fun when you're just goofing off at home. When I was gigging regularly I never played guitar, only bass.

Got a 4-string Peavey Dyna-Bass (used for studio stuff)...

And a 5-string Fender Precision (used onstage)...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 28, 2009 6:49 pm 

Sorry about the crappy camera-phone picture. I own the Dano on the right. I'm still very much a beginner on it. I played when I was in high school, but that was far too many years ago. I'm starting over again from scratch. The Tele is just a cheap Squier model. It actually belongs to my roommate. He's a truck driver, so he's never around. I play it far more than he does. He's a good guitarist, bassist and singer. He gigged a lot in his teens and 20s. He bought the Tele because we were both getting tired of him grabbing my Dano and saying "Here, do it like this" and then playing my guitar for the next 30 minutes. The bass is an 8-string he's owned since he was in college. It's custom made from an old Epiphone (I think) body from the 1970s. A friend of ours from high school who is an excellent country fiddler and luthier built it for him as a part of his luthier apprenticeship program.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 28, 2009 9:48 pm 
JNC Enthusiast

I was in a terrible terrible terrible punk/metal band in middle school and the beginning of high school before my friends moved away. Been in an on and off metal garage band with some coworkers since then with really only about 3 songs and no lyrics, lol. We average one practice session every other month or so, lol.

I've been wanting to get a 6string for a while so I could have fun messing around at home. I love playing bass, but it's not too much fun by yourself.

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 6 posts ]