#
It is currently Mon Mar 02, 2015 5:55 am

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 5 posts ]
 Post subject: Finnish Isuzu Bellett 1500 1969
PostPosted: Sat Jan 03, 2015 4:21 pm 

Hello guys!

The car this will be about is my summer ride that I bought from my grandpa back in 2001 when I was five years old. I paid 1 Finnish Mark for it (before we changed to Euros here) and it is about 10 cents, so I think that was the best deal I ever made ;) It has just been sitting in the garage since that, until I really started liking old japanese cars, realised it was like the best thing ever and I already had a car. So when the drifting season was over I decided to register it again and get it back on the road, so that is exactly what I did! Also it was a kind of nice thing to do in memory of my grandpa because he passed away a few years ago so this car is even more special to me then any other.

I have always been heavily involved in motorsports, started riding motocross when I was three years old and that evolved to drifting when I was 14-15 years old, never been much of a drinking person so this is what I spend my money and all my time on. Long story short, I love cars, driving, fabrication and all that it takes to like to build a badass Isuzu ;)

Future plans:

Engine swap: Thinking about a Mazda 13B Rotary or a small Nissan/Toyota engine, as some of you probably know the space in the engine bay is kind of limited... But if you have any thougts on what to put in it, don't hold back because I'm not sure on what I'll choose, but it will be a mean N/A!

Chassis: I've got a Skyline R33 GTR diff that will probably be used, otherwise a 200SX one. Building my own subframe in the rear, fabricateing my own arms and stuff with uniballs. Knuckles and suspension will probably be from Nissan S-Chassis in every corner since I have alot of experience with it and it is simple to work with and it is really good. In the front I am still a little unsure but It will probably be a combination of Nissan S-Chassis and some custom fabrication, keeping the 4x114.3.

Wheels: Looking for some old school JDM wheels, like RS Watanabe, SSR Mk2/3, SSR Mesh, SSR Starshark, Hoshino Impul, Hayashi Yayoi or something like that, if anyone has got something like that I am intrested! Pretty much anyhing is appreciated, thinking something like 14x9/8.5 and 14/8.

Exterior: It will get a little bit wider, but the Bellett look will be kept as it is. Some carbon fiber parts has already been made and there will be more (fenders, hood, trunk, doors and so on.) but the shapes of it won't change.

Interior: Keeping most of it stock, as it is in great condition. Only change might be steering wheel, looking for some Bride Histrix seats and some proper harnesses, might build a small rollcage just for safety but I'm keeping the roof lining, back seat, door panels and that stuff as it is.

Well enough with the talk, here is some pics of it!
This is what it looked like just after I "bought" it.
Almost recently washed just after I got it back on the road.
This is the garage where all the magic happends, not finished in the pics but you get the idea :D

I got some more pics but I could not upload them because they could only be 1000 pixels or something, but there is more to come!

This project has no deadline so it takes the time that it takes, will try to keep it rolling every summer. I am a little busy with driftcars and alot of other stuff so this is only a little project on the side :) If you like quality parts and quality fab work you need to follow this :lol:

Over and out!

Post subject: Re: Finnish Isuzu Bellett 1500 1969
PostPosted: Sun Jan 04, 2015 12:57 am 
Administrator

thank you finland! :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Sun Jan 04, 2015 4:40 am 

1000 pixels error is a wind up, every time!

Lovely little car though, great purchase! That garage is nice too.

Nissan Bluebird SSS Coupe #25 Race Car
http://japanesenostalgiccar.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=24339

PostPosted: Sun Jan 04, 2015 11:47 pm 

RandyWanger wrote:
1000 pixels error is a wind up, every time!

Lovely little car though, great purchase! That garage is nice too.
JNC wrote:
thank you finland! :mrgreen:

Thanks guys, glad you like it! There is more to come, got some other work I need to take care of first and then you will see some updates in here :D

PostPosted: Sat Jan 17, 2015 10:39 am 

Hello people!

Here are some not so great pics of a dirty car in a dirty garage, haha.

Some blurry pics (phone camera) of the engine bay, after some measuring and stuff I'm almost 100% sure here will live a Toyota 4AGE in the future, would fit like a glove! :twisted:
Don't mind the ugly wiring and all that, will make a totally new wiring harness when the time comes.
On the trailer behind my daily driver, getting ready for some work to get it driveable again. A friend looking for some horsepowers in the trunk... No luck!
On the road again after many years! :tu:
Just sitting there behind one of my driftcars, Nissan S13 powered by a Volvo B230 turbo engine, no big deal. Don't worry, Volvo parts won't come near the Isuzu!
Borrowed a CST Hyper Zero 17x9.5 from the S13, haha maybe not the right choice of wheels :lol:

All for today, still got some other work to do but I'm getting there, the Bellett is getting closer in the line of projects :wink:

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 5 posts ]