#
It is currently Tue Jul 29, 2014 12:13 am

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 2   [ 25 posts ]
Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Post subject: Feb 14th - Picnic at Hanging Rock - Melbourne Australia
PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2010 12:17 am 

Any one in Melbourne should get down to this show, its the biggest classic car show in Melbourne every year. Not specifically JNC, though the Classic Celica guys usually put on a good showing.

Details here

http://www.picnicathangingrock.com.au/

And ignore its Valentine's Day - tell the other half a lovely drive into the country is a great way to spend the day :P

KE15 SL Sprinter - KE10 Corolla - TA22 Celica - KE35 Corolla Club Racer - AE71 Corolla

Post subject: Re: Feb 14th - Picnic at Hanging Rock - Melbourne Australia
PostPosted: Sat Jan 16, 2010 1:46 am 

silverra23 wrote:
Any one in Melbourne should get down to this show, its the biggest classic car show in Melbourne every year. Not specifically JNC, though the Classic Celica guys usually put on a good showing.

Details here

http://www.picnicathangingrock.com.au/

We've got a club run organised for the day. Had a few different kinds last year....... there's usually a ton of car clubs that go.

silverra23 wrote:
And ignore its Valentine's Day - tell the other half a lovely drive into the country is a great way to spend the day :P

I fall into the "other half" category, so the boy doesn't need to convince me....... :lol: just tell 'em they can catch the shuttle bus to the winery and wander around all the food and wine stalls and that ususally keeps us females happy. Mind you, i have never made it to the winery yet - i never get through all the cars..........................

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 17, 2010 8:22 pm 

Actually Go Baby Go I might have to introduce you to my other half so you can educate her for me :)

I have a half a suspicion you and I know each other from a different life, will have to send you a PM and check!

KE15 SL Sprinter - KE10 Corolla - TA22 Celica - KE35 Corolla Club Racer - AE71 Corolla

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 17, 2010 8:46 pm 

silverra23 wrote:
I have a half a suspicion you and I know each other from a different life, will have to send you a PM and check!

You are correct!!!!

Sad part is, it's still the same life just different "brands" for you hey.......
Will keep lookout for you at the 'rock.

Ohh, and get the other half into training......... :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2010 12:30 am 

I have never made it to this. Maybe this will be the year :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2010 9:03 pm 

It's a great day- you will love it.

The only thing to remember, is that the day will not go ahead if it is a code red fire warning for that day. They will tell you on the news, or on the website - http://picnicathangingrock.com.au/

Macedon Ranges Shire Council has made the decision that it will not operate any services or open any facilities in the three high-risk areas of Woodend, Mount Macedon and Macedon from 12 midnight to 12 midnight on Code Red days (24 hours).

This includes services operated in council buildings/facilities by Council, Committees of Management or other parties, e.g. Woodend Hub, neighbourhood house, the library and community centre, as well as recreation reserves and sports facilities in Macedon, Mt Macedon and Woodend, including Buffalo Stadium, the Woodend Pool and Hanging Rock Reserve.

In the event of a Code Red day for the local region, the Picnic at Hanging Rock event will be cancelled. Due to the logistics of staging the event it will not be rescheduled for the current year.

Participants and visitors should check this site for the latest news - updates will be posted regularly.

Full details of the Shire's decision is available from their website at http://www.mrsc.vic.gov.au/page/Page.asp?Page_Id=2089&h=-1

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2010 1:39 am 

humm

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 23, 2010 10:44 pm 

was all set to go this year, taking the GT and the Wasp.... then realised we'll be a thousand miles north for the week surrounding the 14th.
damn family events!!!!!!!!

definitly going to P.I. for the classic in March tho. only got there on Friday last year. making it a friday till sunday event this year, will have 12 of the boys down there, with their cars, and plennnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnty o'booze each night!!
just hope i can remember which end of the spanner to hold if the race car needs attention tho.............. :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2010 5:30 am 

1600GT wrote:
was all set to go this year, taking the GT and the Wasp.... then realised we'll be a thousand miles north for the week surrounding the 14th.

definitly going to P.I. for the classic in March tho. only got there on Friday last year. making it a friday till sunday event this year, will have 12 of the boys down there, with their cars, and plennnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnty o'booze each night!!
just hope i can remember which end of the spanner to hold if the race car needs attention tho.............. :lol:

No club sections this year,parking is just pull up a pew wherever. Ohh, and no free tix for cars on display, you can purchase them half price through your club.

Or, be a sponsor and get free ones..... :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2010 5:32 am 

Go Baby Go wrote:
1600GT wrote:

No club sections this year,parking is just pull up a pew wherever. Ohh, and no free tix for cars on display, you can purchase them half price through your club.

that's a better solution for us actually, as the 'anywhere' parking will suit the boys coz there'll be a variety of old bangers, not just the same as mine.

Go Baby Go wrote:
Or, be a sponsor and get free ones..... :wink:

or.... a trade supplier-mate uses your jnc ute as a tender vechicle and gets your car into the pit area to advertise his business in return!! :lol: :lol:
even better are crew passes from a group c racer-mate who needs a hand or 2 :lol: :lol: . with any luck, his car will be fine, as it's had a recent front to rear make-over, and has been bullet-proof the last 2 times out, so then we can stand back and watch the world go by while breathing those wonderful fumes................ 8) 8)
see u there!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2010 6:08 pm 

Well, no chance of a code red day tomorrow- more chance of flood alert - so gets those jnc's out...........

it's guaranteed to rain in melbourne today- i'm taking the car out to wash it......... :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2010 11:36 pm 

i've just moved my crown out from the carport, and parked it on the road. she can sleep under the stars tonite without a roof over her head.

picnic lunch is organised, drinks are already chilled, chairs and blanket are next to the front door, nothing left to do but wake up at sparrows fart and hit the road :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 13, 2010 3:56 am 

Well despite best efforts my RA23 Celica isn't going to make it. I can't get it to run properly :(

Instead I will bring Mr Hanky the brown Corolla.

He has just had a wash... will give him a chamois and then work out what is in the cupboard that I can take to eat :)

See you all there tomorrow :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 14, 2010 12:15 am 

Massive show! Great weather... more cars than I could possibly take photos of, so I focussed on JNC and a few others that I have a soft spot for

Photos here:

http://picasaweb.google.com/adamlaws197 ... directlink

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 14, 2010 3:45 am 

1600GT wrote:
or.... a trade supplier-mate uses your jnc ute as a tender vechicle and gets your car into the pit area to advertise his business in return!! :lol: :lol:
even better are crew passes from a group c racer-mate who needs a hand or 2 :lol: :lol: . with any luck, his car will be fine, as it's had a recent front to rear make-over, and has been bullet-proof the last 2 times out, so then we can stand back and watch the world go by while breathing those wonderful fumes................ 8) 8)
see u there!

Or even better have the sponsor in question put my car on the back of the tow truck = free ride as well............................

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 14, 2010 6:47 pm 

OKay, here's some pics.....................

This roadster had the "cobra" look applied...

Not sure about the guards

This was for sale.........

Eureka's....

Rear suspension made me look twice

Bit of warped humour- check the rego

So there is a use for the whaletail after all....................

one of the events they run, is rocker cover racing. there's a few basic rules, but loads of fun......first one down the ramp wins.

Also, saw this driving home- actually saw another blue one but wasn't quick enough with the camera.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 14, 2010 6:56 pm 
Administrator

colour fail (unless he's a mate of yours)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 14, 2010 7:17 pm 

burabuda wrote:

Not exactly- he's in my car club, and i think 1600GT knows them.
Whilst i wasn't a fan, it did look much better in the flesh.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 14, 2010 8:11 pm 

I didn't even see the Bellet! The show is so big you end up walking past hundreds of cars and not realising what you are missing :)

The yellow Celica on the trailer belongs to a guy from Tasmania called Leigh Forrest. Its won countless Improved Production races down there, and quite a few on the mainland as well.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 14, 2010 10:54 pm 

Go Baby Go wrote:
burabuda wrote:

Not exactly- he's in my car club, and i think 1600GT knows them.
Whilst i wasn't a fan, it did look much better in the flesh.

yep, i know the owners. thats how they found the NDSOC.
looks good in the flesh. was built in the mid 90's, and had a magazine article or 2 done on it back then too.

looked like another good turn out to the rock.
we would have been there as well, but i'm currently on the gold coast, have been since thursday, and return on tuesday.

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 2   [ 25 posts ]
Go to page 1, 2  Next